Thread: Minimum amount of money

Default Minimum amount of money

Is there a minimum amount of money prescribed for issue of PR?

Hi Liberum,

Mmmm, what do you mean by minimum amount of money?
    Do you mean the minimum cost of an application?

Hi.

No, for the application I have an estimate so far.

I was thinking about amount of money that you have to have on some bank account and to present it to the immigration officer. Something like a proof that you will be able to sustain your self for X months.

According to the Application for Residence Guide (INZ1105, p. 19 on top):

Ability to maintain yourself and any dependants
    It is important, before signing the declaration, you read and understand the information about the cost of living in New Zealand found in the booklet ‘New Zealand The Facts’ provided with your Invitation to Apply for residence. You must also be able to declare you have sufficient personal resources to maintain yourself and your dependants for at least your first 24 months as a resident in New Zealand.

It is just a declaration. You are unlikely to be asked to provide proof. They may ask you at the interview where do you intend to get the money from (possible answers: savings, sale of property, inheritance, loans from friends/family, etc). You get the idea

very rough calculation if living in Auckland - $300/wk in rent, $175/wk per adult for food/daily expenses, $140/wk per child:

2 years x 52 weeks x ($300 + 2 people x $175) = NZ$67,600 = 3.93 mln Serbian dinars

for a single person: NZ$49,400 = 2.87 mln Serbian dinars
    Last edited by nikcho; 13th February 2011 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcho View Post
    It is just a declaration. You are unlikely to be asked to provide proof. They may ask you at the interview where do you intend to get the money from (possible answers: savings, sale of property, inheritance, loans from friends/family, etc)
    Income from work is a must (you do plan to work in NZ, do you?). Don't think you need proof of some kind but I do remember I've seen some questions CO asked in the interwiew regarding (try search tool for that thread!)

Thanks to all.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll definitely have some money with me but to have all that is better to stay home and I plan to work ASAP.