Thread: Kids lost passports

Default Kids lost passports

Hi another question hope u guys and gals can help we have been filling in our form for expression of intrest.We have 2 children that are both in full time education one at 20 and one at 21. They have both lost there passports used them fo ID on nights out and lost them we have applied for new ones and waiting for them to arrive . The Question is that on the seperate form that we have to fill in for them that goes along with the expression of intrest it asks for passport numbers start date and expiry date. Can we explain that we are awaiting new passsports or do we wait a month for them to arrive and then appy want to get a move on as OH turning the big 40 and will lose points so clock ticking
    Cheers for the help
    Fee
    Last edited by fefifo72; 8th February 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Submit the application now and treat the changes to passport numbers etc. as just this: Changes to your details and circumstances after submission.

We were advised to jsut stick our own numbers in to the EOI for the kids, submit it and then submit the revised passport numbers, once we obtained them for the children in the ITA.

Good Luck with the app!

While submitting ITA you will have an amendment page which allows you to remove anyone from application (not sure if you can add as well) but keeping in mind that its just kids, I'd assume it might be just ok.

Not only did I spot a mistake in the date of my pasport on the EOI that I corrected at ITA, but after being approved then I renewed my passport so had a totally new pasport for the visa. No problems at all. Can't remember if there's a space for additional info on the EOI, but it's not going to be an issue for NZIS - it's not a material consideration for them to decide if they should issue you an ITA.

Thanks for all the replies soooo excited guess what we will be filling in tonight??????

Fee
    Last edited by fefifo72; 8th February 2011 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fefifo72 View Post
    We have 2 children that are both in full time education one at 20 and one at 21. They have both lost there passports used them fo ID on nights out
    Just a small point... the kids might want to use some other form of ID, especially if/when you move to NZ. Reason being that passports are pricey enough to replace (as I'm sure you know!), but the reprints of visa stickers cost too (NZ$90 at the moment)

Good luck with your application!!

We filled in our EOI and just left the section blank. Have sent away for 3 new passports which cost us two hundred and sixty pounds so if we do eventually get to New Zealand trust me the kids are not getting there passports they will be hidden LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fefifo72 View Post
    We filled in our EOI and just left the section blank. Have sent away for 3 new passports which cost us two hundred and sixty pounds so if we do eventually get to New Zealand trust me the kids are not getting there passports they will be hidden LOL

Good luck!!