Thread: coffee filters

Default coffee filters

I've searched the forum, but the only results I get are about filter coffee, whereas I'm looking for coffee filters. You know, the paper thingies you put in the plastic thingie in your "normal" filter coffee machine.

I've tried Pak 'n Save, Woolworths and The Warehouse, and had no luck there. They do sell the machines, but where o where do they sell the filters?

(OK, I have seen them in the Dutch shop in Petone, but I'm not that addicted to the Melitta brand and/or the Dutch user guidelines to pay the price they charge there).

Quote Originally Posted by rupicola View Post
    I've searched the forum, but the only results I get are about filter coffee, whereas I'm looking for coffee filters. You know, the paper thingies you put in the plastic thingie in your "normal" filter coffee machine.

I've tried Pak 'n Save, Woolworths and The Warehouse, and had no luck there. They do sell the machines, but where o where do they sell the filters?

(OK, I have seen them in the Dutch shop in Petone, but I'm not that addicted to the Melitta brand and/or the Dutch user guidelines to pay the price they charge there).
    I have seen them in New World - probably in their International Area.

Have you tried Harvey Norman or Briscoes? Just a thought, I'll keep an eye out for you

Haven't seen them...but then again, the filter coffee selection is not stellar either. Consider one of these reusable thingies: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEEQ8gIwBA#

You can get the coffee filters, cone variety, in PaknSave, Countdown and New World here in Auckland. We have purchased them in all 3 at different times. PaknSave usually have them in the area where there is bean coffee in the self serve bins, not where the rest of the coffee is kept. And there is usually only one variety available.

If you are looking for the basket filters, I can't help as I don't think I have seen those anywhere.

I've seen them too, and it seems that at least Countdowns/Woorlworths stock them: https://www.woolworths.co.nz/#url=/S...coffee-filters

We just get them from PaknSave, but others have them, too (seen them at Countdown and New World).

And then we bring about 1000 when shopping at Aldi in Germany once a year...

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by Mgee View Post
    I've seen them too, and it seems that at least Countdowns/Woorlworths stock them: https://www.woolworths.co.nz/#url=/S...coffee-filters
    Interesting - we actually asked someone at Woolworths, and she had no idea what we were talking about! The Pak 'n Save in Petone doesn't do fresh beans (that I'm aware of), but the New Worlds or Briscoes are worth a try. Or when all that fails, I'll do an online order - or maybe call in the troops from Europe and let them send over a couple of boxes

The Moore Wilson's in Wellington CBD has them, I have bought them there...