Thread: Adult Child Immigration Scenario Help!?

Exclamation Adult Child Immigration Scenario Help!?

Hi

I am presently 25 yr old UK resident and live with my parents along with 3 younger siblings.

My father has recently received a job offer as a skilled worker in the engineering consulting sector in NZ. My mother is a nurse which is again on the wanted list so i doubt she will struggle to obtain work and my younger siblings are all of a dependent age so will automatically go too.

I am however the concern .

I presently work in Finance (UK debt and insolvency sector) which is not a needed skill in NZ, but i am also above the age of dependancy.

I am obviously quite concerned as if i cannot go with the family i will no longer have any direct family in the UK.

I would be more than happy with a permanent move to NZ however im not sure how easy this will be? I have done research and it does mention that if i can prove i would be the only direct family left in the UK then i would be considered, yet on my points alone i think i would really struggle?

If anyone has had a similar experience or can shed any light on the subject it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James1985 View Post
    Hi

I am presently 25 yr old UK resident and live with my parents along with 3 younger siblings.

My father has recently received a job offer as a skilled worker in the engineering consulting sector in NZ. My mother is a nurse which is again on the wanted list so i doubt she will struggle to obtain work and my younger siblings are all of a dependent age so will automatically go too.

I am however the concern .

I presently work in Finance (UK debt and insolvency sector) which is not a needed skill in NZ, but i am also above the age of dependancy.

I am obviously quite concerned as if i cannot go with the family i will no longer have any direct family in the UK.

I would be more than happy with a permanent move to NZ however im not sure how easy this will be? I have done research and it does mention that if i can prove i would be the only direct family left in the UK then i would be considered, yet on my points alone i think i would really struggle?

If anyone has had a similar experience or can shed any light on the subject it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    No experience - yet; but I am following the regulations with respect to our son...

My understanding is that points etc. are irrelevant. You mentioned correctly the "being alone in that country".
    In addition you will need a job offer! (I am still struggling to find out how that works considering the time line. it takes INZ to work on the applications.)

Also keep in mind that there are only a certain number of places available each year.

Ok so if i was able to get a job in NZ that wasnt on the wanted jobs list say, would this still be enough to qualify me? or would it need to be a skilled / trade job?

And would i have to get a job before i went or would i be able to get a temp work visa go out there try and get a FT job then?

Thanks for the feedback

Ok so if i was able to get a job in NZ that wasnt on the wanted jobs list say, would this still be enough to qualify me? or would it need to be a skilled / trade job?

And would i have to get a job before i went or would i be able to get a temp work visa go out there try and get a FT job then?

Thanks for the feedback
    I would say any job offer in any role.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm reads a job offer has to be amongst others "current at the time of assessing the application and at the time your visa is granted" (here my question re time line ...) and further http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nceofoffer.htm reads "Note: The employment agreement doesn’t need to be supplied until after your application has been approved in principle."

Ok well that seems more promising than i initially thought.

Do you think the best course of action would be to get out there for a short period look for work obtain an offer hopefully! Then come back to the UK and apply.

Or get out there with no plans of coming back to the UK in a bang or bust situation hope to obtain work asap and apply whilst still out there, again hoping i get work asap? Or would option 2 not be possible?

Ok well that seems more promising than i initially thought.

Do you think the best course of action would be to get out there for a short period look for work obtain an offer hopefully! Then come back to the UK and apply.

Or get out there with no plans of coming back to the UK in a bang or bust situation hope to obtain work asap and apply whilst still out there, again hoping i get work asap? Or would option 2 not be possible?
    Second option might be possible; come under the WHV scheme! Are you UK citizen - check this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...dayscheme.htm?!

I would definitely go for the WHV option first - this will give you time to settle in, with your family, and also build up some NZ work experience, hopefully enough for a longer work permit or maybe even residence. It might take a while - and the goals keep moving, I'm afraid - but certainly the WHV is the simplest short-term solution