Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to NZ

Default Countdown to NZ

Only Seven days to go and I am nervous and happy and worried and satisfied.
    Strange feeling.

Busy with final preparations and getting all the required stuff together and saying friends and family bye.

NZ here we come - count down 7 ...

Same here. It is all a bit surreal at the moment. All the best to you and good luck in your endeavor

Good luck and congrats. Hope it all goes well!

Count down 6....

Got up early in the morning and started with shopping- buying items that we left out on last few days shopping , then checked with forex and now to get all the required docs sorted out and packed . Too many things yet to be done before travel...

Thanks for all valuable suggestion from forum members , this is a big emotional support and I know where to go to if I need support and info or help.

Countdown 5 days to go.....
    Well, I am still planning and sorting out things to take and to leave.

My wife was a bit tensed , did not get proper sleep and had lot going in her mind, had to re assure that "All is well" and give her some rest (ordered food from resturant).
    Still need to meet few friends before leaving , but could not find time at hand.

Leaving Checklist done.
    On Arrival Checklist done.

Now to complete items one by one on checklist.

Will write more when i do get some more time.

Good Luck for the move!

Quote Originally Posted by April18 View Post
    Good Luck for the move!
    Thanks for your kind wishes.

Count down 4 days to go(including today)...

Now I am having a good feeling and wife is also feeling good and happy, she is having good rest.

Almost all packing done (few amendements to make) it never completely packed until we start for Airport :-)

90% of depature checklist completed, few more to go

I am glad we have this forum and wonderful persons who have responded and guided us throughout this process.

Cheers- Here we come NZ - Flying on Thursday Night , Yeepee

Count down 3 days to go (including today)..

When I look back on the journey of this entire process from thought to migrate to NZ and then the whole process taking close to 2.5 years , I am thankful to God and all other who helped us through this long journey.

When I look back at the events of last few weeks , it make me both terrified and happy at the same time which is a very strange feeling.

Left my high paying job and also opportunity to work in UK and had to cancel UK COS(Work permit) just a few weeks back. Then started all the planing and other activities to move to NZ. some of my friends thought it was completely illogical , other thought I am taking a bit too much risk.BUT me and my wife were determined to move to NZ at all costs.
    It been a dream for us to move to NZ, having stayed 4 years in Sydney Australia for work and were not be able to visit NZ a single time due to work pressure was most regretted, but now we are moving as resident to NZ and hopefully with Gods garce all will be well and we will be soon at NZ.

Now that I have almost packed most of my stuff and kind of finalized forex transfers and check with ANZ NZ bank today morning, We feel comfortable to head to a long flight to Auckland NZ.
    Last edited by shawankit; 15th February 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Count down 2 days to go (including today)..

Flying out tomorrow night very excited and all ready to go.
    Final few arrangements to be done between today and before we fly out tomorrow.

We will arive on SAT 19th as we have approx 10 hrs break in KL airport.

Here we come NZ.......

Cheers Ankit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast