Thread: EOI - Family section

Default EOI - Family section

Hey everyone,

I hope you have all had a good week!

I have a bit of a query about our EOI;

Most of it is all filled out and super-duper, but there is a section that asks for details of family members. Does this mean ALL family members, regardless of whether they want to come to New Zealand or not? Why do they need this information?!

To be honest, it's not really a problem for me to fill it in, but it may be for my wife. She is estranged from her family and definately does not want the NZIS contacting them as this could cause some difficulties for her. Does anyone know if they will want to contact them?

I look forward to some top-notch advice

Have a great weekend all

Dan

Yes, you need to put down all family members that it requests regardless of whether they will be coming to NZ or not.

AFAIK they don't contact them.

If you fail to do this correctly and they notice then if you are lucky they will return your application to be amended thus slowing it down, if you are unlucky then they will cancel your application.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Yes, you need to put down all family members that it requests regardless of whether they will be coming to NZ or not.

AFAIK they don't contact them.

Ian
    We had to put down our parents and any brothers or sisters plus all children whether they were coming or not but they never contacted any of them
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 12th February 2011 at 05:29 PM.

They seem only to be interested in avoiding any issues which may cost NZ in the future- ie whether any of your family will be able to legitimately apply to follow you and could later be able to make claims on the NZ health or benefits system. I've never heard of them contacting anyone directly. We had to name our family of 6 children and stepchildren + all our numerous siblings AND provide birth and marriage certificates for all the children.
    The daughter who was sponsoring us was the only one who had to provide any further information and undertake to ensure that she would ensure our financial welfare if necessary.
    If you miss anyone it would be difficult ifor them if they later claimed the relationship - eg for points on their own application.
    Last edited by babscat; 12th February 2011 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks everyone!

It is good to know that they don't contact them - that was the only issue really. Will fill in that bit of the form and crack on

Thanks again...