Thread: Recommendation for Melbourne Removalist please

Default Recommendation for Melbourne Removalist please

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I wanted to say thankyou for everyone who has posted on this website. I can't say that I've been through all the posts but I've found the one's I've read very handy indeed.

I have been raving to my husband about this website as it has so much helpful information. As my username suggests, my family (hubby, 3 yr old daughter and myself) are planning to make the move to NZ in April to be closer to hubby's family and our daughters 7 cousins.

I am only just starting to organise stuff and was wondering if someone can recommend a removalist they have used in the past year that operates between Melbourne and Auckland. Having read some of your posts about some shoddy removalists, I am hoping to avoid the same fate! What I am after is a 40ft container that can fit household stuff and a car (medium size sedan) as well as boxes for packing. Also would like recommendations from anyone as to whether it is much cheaper to pack things yourself or get someone else to pack it. If you feel comfortable enough, could you also please let me know what you think is reasonable to pay.

Of course, any other recommendation/advice would be more than welcome.

Have a nice day and many thanks in advance.

Hello!

I'm an aussie married to kiwi, we lived Christchurch but returned to Sydney seven months ago..

We used Movements International from Sydney to Christchurch, and Allied (which were the new zealand end movements used) back to Sydney...

I had no issues with either one, packing was very professional and so were the staff..

I paid around $8000 from Sydney to CHCH for a 20 ft container including insurance, and back to Australia paid around $8500 nzd for the same..

Good luck with your move, hope you enjoy it!

We just finished getting relocated from Melbourne to Auckland with Allied Pickfords. They did a good job. No complaints. When we moved from San Francisco to Melbourne, our stuff was handled on the MEL end by King and Wilson. Also no complaints.

Thanks moz and bmshanley for your feedback. Much appreciated.