Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon UK Free delivery to NZ (and others)

Up to $400 on books should be fine without incurring GST charges. It would be a lower limit if you brought items that incurred import duty.

To clarify, only the item categories below are allowed to be shipped to NZ (with or without free shipping)

Books, Music, DVD and Video

I think there's 2 things here. First off a limited time offer on all items that are 'eligible'. Then a permanent offer on selected books, DVDs totalling over £25.

So I cant ship out a new PS3 to NZ for free then? Shame as im already over my weight limit for the flight out and cant fit a PS3 in and will have to pay almost double for a NZ PS3 when I land.

Cost me (£90 to post a box which included a tent, PS3, and loads of other things from the UK to NZ.). However even as unaccompanied goods the value of teh PS3 puts it over the limit for MAF charges, so you will need to pay about $40.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by ybto View Post
    So I cant ship out a new PS3 to NZ for free then? Shame as im already over my weight limit for the flight out and cant fit a PS3 in and will have to pay almost double for a NZ PS3 when I land.
    Also the problem with buying a PS3 overseas is it's region specific and NZ games won't work on a UK PS3. Same with XBox. That is, of course, unless you get them unlocked or chipped (or whatever you do to them!).

Wii's are different.

Thanks for this and the clarification - was about to cry as the printer I have I can only get cartridges for at home - so ordered them on amazon but then had to ship them to Ireladn first to my parents as they dont ship to NZ and then they have to post on..
    But since the offer doesnt include ink cartridges I dont feel too bad!

But guess I will be looking for a new printer.. PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    Also the problem with buying a PS3 overseas is it's region specific and NZ games won't work on a UK PS3. Same with XBox. That is, of course, unless you get them unlocked or chipped (or whatever you do to them!).

Wii's are different.
    Just a quick update / correction to that - there is another thread specific to this, but between UK and NZ then there are a lot less problems - PS3 is definitely fine, same region UK/NZ.

And of course in the context of this thread (which was about the Amazon.UK free shipping), then Xbox and Wii games you can still get shipped from Amazon in the UK. No use to US consoles, but fine for UK.

Sorry Manks, jsut seen you were specific about UK PS3. That's wrong. PS3 games bought in NZ work absolutely fine on NZ PS3s.

Thread here with all the info. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....hlight=console

For PS3 in summary
    All games will work, regtardless NZ, US, UK.
    BluRay - NZ and Uk are same region, us bought Bluray won't work
    Dvds, different regions for Uk, NZ and US.
    Much debate about the power for US PS3, but although the sticker suggests you do need a transformer, then it seems as though it's actually a multivoltage transformer inside, so you could be OK - at your own risk though.
    Last edited by Duncan74; 17th February 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Thanks Duncan, but I"m sure that our PS3 is Region 4 - which is not the same region as the UK (2 according to the thread your link) and I'm sure we asked the guy at Electronics Boutique (but of course he'd say that!). I will check what our PS3 says and I'm happy to be proved wrong!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast