Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is the life!

All sounds great, so good so many find what they're looking for.

I think the potentially less materialistic nature of life there is definitely something we're looking for - whether that's enforced by lack of funds, or voluntary because of everything else that's on offer.

Thanks all for more posts that make me smile, and remind me of what all the effort already put in and all that will be needed in the future is for.

Smile

Sorry for that, my Northener's wicked sense of humour doesn't always translate that well

Glad to hear you're reaping the rewards, that's what its all about

It's a hard life. Day spent dodging the suns rays and lounging in the pool, so need to recovery energy somehow. Life's really hardly changed for us since moving from Manchester, we used to do the same, sit on the deck, enjoy the view, moan about the noise of the critters clicking......

(Ok, the Sporks slightly spoil the tranquility, but our container doesn't get delivered until Monday, so some things are a bit improvised for now ;-) )
    Last edited by Duncan74; 19th February 2011 at 06:13 PM.

I was just admiring the sporks, nifty peice of design. Great view, too BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by snapaenz View Post
    When I used to have moments and sit back and take life in and all that I had achieved in the UK, I can honestly say that I never reached a state of contentment that I do here.Snapaenz
    I can really relate to this - whilst things are not always fun and games (mainly on the work front stress levels), I think I have had more days of genuine happiness here than I have in the rest of my life combined - I walk down the street and can't stop myself from grinning (and I get smiles back from the people walking towards me, rather than a "Watchoo lookin' at!" ) Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonster View Post
    I can really relate to this - whilst things are not always fun and games (mainly on the work front stress levels), I think I have had more days of genuine happiness here than I have in the rest of my life combined - I walk down the street and can't stop myself from grinning (and I get smiles back from the people walking towards me, rather than a "Watchoo lookin' at!" ) Life is good.

Toonster,

I agree wholeheartedly with you!

Mamee

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I'm glad I'm not the only one revelling in the contentment of a new life.

I just had to add a picture of my morning dog walk sunrise...
    Last edited by Manks; 21st September 2011 at 06:08 PM.

We say the same thing nearly every day (sarcastically): Life is SO hard. Should we boogie board, go kayaking, cliff jump at some waterfalls in a Costa Rica-looking jungle, hit a beach cafe or go snorkeling today? Yeah, life is rough Life has changed dramatically since leaving the U.S.A. We feel more alive than ever before and are so much happier & less stressed here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123