Thread: Parents right to work

Default Parents right to work

We are two parents being sponsored by our son who has citizenship in New Zealand.

We are in our early 50s and still want to work but nowhere have I seen it actually stated that we will have the right to work in NZ under the Parent Category.

BTW we applied to London in Sept 2009 and after chasing, we were recently emailed by our case officer to send confirmation that our son is still living in NZ etc, from which we construe we are a few months off from approval.

My OH's UK work is winding down quite scarily so we are very keen to have the prospect of work in NZ.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Martine

Quote Originally Posted by martineanne View Post
    We are two parents being sponsored by our son who has citizenship in New Zealand. We are in our early 50s and still want to work but nowhere have I seen it actually stated that we will have the right to work in NZ under the Parent Category.
    My understanding is that you "will have the right to work" as you will have been granted residence as per "normal" Parent Category. Everyone with residence is eligible to work unless there are some conditions imposed.
    Thee is another one - Parent Retirement Category - with different regulations.

Many thanks Ralf for your incredibly speedy and reassuring reply!

Martine

Hello and welcome.

I agree with Ralf.

Red face

I have a parent visa and I am about to emigrate to New Zealand - as I have been granted (PR) permanent residency - I can work in NZ if I want.