Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great expectations (2 weeks to go)

Default Great expectations (2 weeks to go)

I have just two weeks left till departure and everything seems so intense with so many mixed feelings. It is like in a movie quote: << I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense>>.
    Funny fact: if I count in NZ time zone, I fly to NZ in exactly 1 year since I joined ENZ. I am grateful to be a part of this forum where I learned (and still learning) so many things. So, thank you all ENZ’ers for sharing your experiences, you feelings, for giving precious advices and for the good thoughts..I hope to meet some of you soon.
    I’m touching ground on February 15th in Auckland. I intend to take a long trip through the country. My itinerary should be something like that: Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Napier, Palmerston North, Wellington, Nelson and then Christchurch, my future town. If you have any suggestions about things to see/do in these areas (or others) I will gladly take it.
    I am about to begin a new life. Although I know it won’t be easy to “merge” with everything at the beginning, I have a good feeling that things will be fine at some point. I have great expectations in NZ.

Hi Anthony

It's funny the coincidences in timing. My AIP came through a year to the day after I joined the forum. My son coined the term "Scarcited" for the way he was feeling the way before we travelled...it was very, very apt.

Your trip down sounds like fun and looking forward to meeting up with you at a future meet up in Christchurch.

Good Luck!

All the best, Anthony.

Have fun and best of luck for new begining

Good luck!

i wish u all the best

How scarciting for you!!! I know you must have a million things running through your mind.

You ought to contact some of the forumites as you travel through the various cities!

Enjoy the tour and best to you on settling down in Christchurch.

"Scarecited" is a perfect term to use! very appropriate...

But now, ...over 2 weeks in, it's just plain "excited"! Good luck to you!

Thank you all for the wishes.

Last night I had a farewell gathering with my friends..tomorrow is my last day of work here..and then the last week with my parents. Things are moving pretty fast before departure.
    @Mamee: I'm looking forward to meet you too in Chrischurch.

Have a safe flight! and Good Luck for the new life!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast