Thread: can we take our goods

Default can we take our goods

Hi we r going to nz on a vistor visa for 6 months with the view to find work over there and then apply,my question is can we ship our goods over r we allowed?? or would we have to wait until we where granted wtr or pr visa??and if we can take our goods then any advice on who to use and cost involved?
    many thanks

u wd B chrgd gst @ 15pcnt on evri fing bro. U cud bring stuf if u ad PR bt not on a vsitr visa.

You crack me up, Duncan

oech04, you can bring things over whenever you like, however unless you have a permanent residence visa you'll be charged 15% GST (goods & service tax) on everything. The other thing to remember is that MAF are pretty strict about the condition of your goods, i.e. clean and without any bugs or dirt. Shoes, sports gear, camping equipment etc should be spotless or you could get fined, levied a fumigation fee, or the item may even be destroyed.

There are loads of threads here about what's ok to bring, what's dodgy, which companies are good or bad and so on. Just use the search function

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    oech04, you can bring things over whenever you like, however unless you have a permanent residence visa you'll be charged 15% GST (goods & service tax) on everything.
    Wz wt I z.

O iz dat wot u mnt?

LOL!!! you guys replied in text speak. hahahaha It cracked me up. LOL