Thread: ITA processing timeframes - just curious...

Smile ITA processing timeframes - just curious...

Hi,

I've just submitted my ITA to Shanghai Branch, noticed the invitation letter mentioned the ITA processing timeframes is generally six months. However, I see a lot of applications in Shanghai and Beijing branch take about 1 year to reach their interview date in this forum.

Just curious... do they(Immigration Service) have some sort of service level agreement when we spend our efforts and money to apply for the PR?

I’m not aware of any Service Level Agreement except what’s published on the branches websites. Also as mentioned many times before by other members here, processing time will vary according to each individual case eg completeness of documents, verification, medical conditions etc etc…
    My suggestion to you is go on with your life in the meantime and breathe...
    And log into ENZ regularly

You would be one of the most lucky person if you have been committed SLA of 6 months by NZIS Shanghai but the fact is that Shanghai processing is just like tortoise.As per their website the processing time is 12 months provided you supply all the documents at the time of ITA submission and usual experience of forum memebrs is 12-18 months. So keep your morale high and best of luck for remaining journey.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLoh View Post
    Hi,

I've just submitted my ITA to Shanghai Branch, noticed the invitation letter mentioned the ITA processing timeframes is generally six months. However, I see a lot of applications in Shanghai and Beijing branch take about 1 year to reach their interview date in this forum.

Just curious... do they(Immigration Service) have some sort of service level agreement when we spend our efforts and money to apply for the PR?

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive View Post
    I’m not aware of any Service Level Agreement except what’s published on the branches websites. Also as mentioned many times before by other members here, processing time will vary according to each individual case eg completeness of documents, verification, medical conditions etc etc…
    My suggestion to you is go on with your life in the meantime and breathe...
    And log into ENZ regularly
    Thanks....i'll try to be patient....it's been 1 year since I decided to start applying for the PR....my journey is quite bumpy...hope everything will turn out to be better...

My experience, and that of people that I've spoken to (although this applies to the UK) is that there is no 'normal' time for applications to be processed or approved. Every situation is different.

And don't worry if your app takes longer than someone else you've spoken to - the time taken doesn't seem to make any difference to whether your app is approved or not.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by baais View Post
    You would be one of the most lucky person if you have been committed SLA of 6 months by NZIS Shanghai but the fact is that Shanghai processing is just like tortoise.As per their website the processing time is 12 months provided you supply all the documents at the time of ITA submission and usual experience of forum memebrs is 12-18 months. So keep your morale high and best of luck for remaining journey.

2nd thought...since it's mentioned 'generally', it's not meant to be a commitment... may be I've waited too long in this whole process that I wanted to believe i'm the lucky one badly... OK....will keep my morale high...pray for the best.....

I received a comfirmation letter from Beijing branch two months ago. It told me that they had received my application and they would allocate a VO to deal with my case within NINE MONTHS ! They may arrange an interview and it will cost time to arrange. The conclusion is they may need 12~18 months to finish my case. This is really a long journey and we have to be patient.

Actually it is quite unfair comparing to the processing time of European and US applicants (generally 2~3 months). Just consider it as the price we have to pay for being asian.

All the best, Nicole! At least you've taken the first step. That's good for you.

Good luck Nicole,

As for my case, the invitation letter mentioned the ITA processing timeframes is generally between six to nine months. This is in Henderson Branch, Auckland, New Zealand.
    Until now...no news.