Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to donate blood?

Quote Originally Posted by peebles16 View Post
    OH works in that field and assures me they have plenty blood for now but will keep you folks posted Still no desperate enough for our mad cos diseased stuff though

Cheers
    Karen
    I think it's been asked before but can you ask your OH if there is a test they couyd do, I hate not being able to donate any more

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook
    New Zealand Blood Service News media is incorrectly reporting that the Blood Service needs donors now. This is not the case. If and when we need donors we will let you know through Facebook and our website. Please spread the word that this is the case and we'll let you guys know if the situation changes.

Thanks for this!!...

I think it's been asked before but can you ask your OH if there is a test they couyd do, I hate not being able to donate any more
    There was somehting in the news last week or so about this, can't remember where I saw it but there was talk of a new test. Won't be holding my breath though.

There is a test recently developed but to be honest the cost is so prohibitive they can justify using it

Cheers
    Karenx

They won't even take diseased BSE bodies - I know I'm not allowed to donate blood or organs in the UK either, so had signed up for "medical science", but am banned for that here too. Ho hum.

Shame cos they are missing out on some good quality AB - blood on my behalf, been a regular in the UK for many, many years through Kids and everything . . . . . would be nice to contribute to my new home country too.
    (shrug)

I called the 08800 number after I heard on the radio/ TV that they would need blood and as it happens they are scheduled in our town on Monday anyway, so I made an appointment. I used to give blood in Dunedin because they came to the school our kids went to, but havne't been since, so I thought the opportunity was good to start again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12