Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quake Warning: graphic content

Exclamation The Quake Warning: graphic content

Well, I now have a first hand account.

And it's way worse than I even anticipated.

Christchurch is completely destroyed. My husband has been doing rescue work all afternoon. He is home now but is literally crying. He has never gotten this emotional ever. But the destruction was so horrible that he is completely traumatized. He is covered in dirt and smells of smoke so after talking for a bit he has gone to take a shower.

There are many trapped people who are still alive and crushed. There are so many dead bodies. He said that he only saw one person come out alive today. The rest were dead. Hundreds of dead.

All of the roads are destroyed. The sewers are broken and raw sewage is flowing down the streets.

He said the devastation was so complete that he can't see how Christchurch will go on. It will bankrupt New Zealand.

I am so sorry to hear that and very worried for my very very good friend Vivecca Robinson. Thoughts are with you all today.

Ali xx

Oh GG, I'm so sorry he had to witness all that horror. I hope beyond hope that the devastation is less than anticipated.

OMG, so sorry for the death toll, thoughts & prayers going out to all.

He is saying thousands and thousands dead. And many crushed and trapped.

We were so incredibly lucky. Beyond lucky. Our house is standing and we are all alive. I am just heartbroken for the families who will not have a family member return tonight.

As bad as we think it is, it is WORSE. So many buildings destroyed. And the ones that weren't destroyed and collapsed outright are being knocked down with heavy machinery now.

Trying to figure out where to sleep--inside? or out in the van? or in a tent?

So sorry you and many others are going through this GG. My heart and prayers go out to you all.

Thousands and thousands?! I sincerely hope not, though even one life lost is awful.

i am speechless. all i can do is offer a refuge here if anyone needs it

So sorry for you all, we were only saying the other day again that thank God the big one was at night, then the next day this happens. So shocked and saddened. We felt it here mildly while in the supermarket and immediately the reaction was "Oh no, I hope it's not come from Canterbury again" from all around us. I really hope it's not thousands but all losses are tragic and awful. Good on your Hubby for helping - I hope he can come to terms with it eventually and realise the good he did was worth it, no matter how desperate he feels at the moment. Love and thoughts with you all in Christchurch. PM me anyone who needs refuge - if you've seen the house relocation thread you'll know it's not the ritz, but you'd be more than welcome.

Nikki

Thousands and thousands dead? Scaremongering much?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast