Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Teaching Council

Default New Zealand Teaching Council

Hello!

This is my first post since joining and it's been great reading some of your posts and about your experiences.

I'm currently applying for PR with my family and have almost come to the end of compiling what feels like an endless mountain of documents and just wondered if anyone could help with a little query?

I'm waiting for my NZQA assessment, and as a teacher I now have to apply for registration with the NZ Teaching Council. I read it can take anywhere from between 4-6 weeks to process the application, and I'm panicking as my deadline is the 21st April. Has anyone recently applied for the same thing, and if so, what was/ has been your experience?

Also, as I'm cutting it quite fine, do you think INZ would accept an email from the NZTC as proof of registration?

Hoping to hear from anyone soon! Many thanks!

Hello and welcome.

I'm a little rusty but...

when I applied for my NZTC I had applied for the NZQA at the same time.
    Originals to NZQA and copies to NZTC
    NZQA contacted NZTC and told them it was all OK from their end

all in all NZTC took around 4 weeks (my memory is struggling to be exact) NZQA took longer as I had applied at a peak time (Sept/Oct)

HTH

My hubby took about 2 months even though it was supposedly on the fast-track as they went to double, triple-checked all his qualifications to ensure he was of the level requirements stated.

NZTC took less than 1 month to confirm his registration though. NZQA is notorious for being slow unless you have straightforward NZ qualifications.

So you might need to push them if you are on a tight schedule especially if you already accepted a job offer.

Hi,

We sent in both applications at the same time, then when NZQA had finished their assessment, they automatically sent a copy of their report to the NZTC so that they could finish their registration.

It might be worth getting your NZTC application in now, so that they can link up quicker when NZQA have done their bit.

In all it took about 5 weeks for NZQA to finish, but then the NZTC registration was completed within the week - with the docs following here in the UK about a week later.

Cheers, and good luck.

As a follow up - if the NZTC have done their bit, then INZ might agree to just checking the NZTC website to check your registration status online - it appears there like the day after registration is confirmed by email.

Alternatively - maybe they'd accept a copy of the email NZTC send to you confirming your registration?

Smile

Many thanks for all your help!

Unfortunately, I sent all my original documents to NZQA so I must wait for them to be returned before I can send off my NZTC application. I am hoping that INZ will accept a confirmation email if time is running out.

In fairness, INZ seem to be quite willing to help and have been nothing but flexible so far!

Fingers crossed- I knew the whole PR process would be stressful, but now I just can't wait to get it over and done with.

Good luck to those of you who, like me, are still dreaming of the day you get the go ahead!

Hi , sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering if NZTC will accept my enhanced disclosure as a police certificate or if I have to apply for a different one? Thanks

I'm fairly sure they'll need the same kind of police certificate as INZ do - details on the INZ website.

Aha - I've just gone hunting and found this. http://www.teacherscouncil.govt.nz/r...eclearance.stm

UK & Northern Ireland1) You can apply to MPS Public Access Office, 20th Floor, Empress State Building, Empress Approach, Lillie Road, London, SW6 1TR. Request a Form 3019 and more information is available from their website: www.met.police.uk/information.

OR

2) If you are immigrating to New Zealand you can apply to the Association of Chief Police Officers, ACRO, P O Box 481, Fareham, PO14 9FS, UK. Request a police certificate. Further information is available from their website: http://www.acpo.police.uk/.

Note: We do accept standard or enhanced disclosures issued through Disclosure Scotland, however these must cover the entire period of time you were in the UK. If you have a police clearance issued within 6 months of the date you left the country this can be considered.
    So unless the last paragraph fits your case, you'll have to do what they say in point 2, seemingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast