Thread: When do Term 3 teaching positions get advertised?

Default When do Term 3 teaching positions get advertised?

Currently, I'm only seeing terms 1 and 2 advertised on edgazette. Does anyone know what time the term 3 advertisements come up? I'm trying to figure out when to submit requests for letters of rec and when to have my CV completed.

Thanks!

Generally jobs for the next term start appearing in the previous term.
    So Term 3 during Term 2

Although some schs get in earlier if they know they have a position to fill
    you can click on something on edgazette site so that they email you jobs that you are interested in

Suggest you get CV and anything else associated with your application completed and ready to go as soon as you can rather than wait for an advert

You may have already got sorted your NZ Teaching registration (NZTC) and qualifiactions assessed (NZQA) if not do that as a priority

Good luck!

Tea Drinker is right. Get your Teachers' Council registration organised first and then get your CV sorted. It would also be worth figuring out how you can help in extra-curricular activities (sports coaching, drama, committees etc) because they really do get their money's worth out of you.
    Another thing to bear in mind is that people can leave a school at any time of the year - not just the end of term and often there is a period of a few weeks or so which need to be filled by LTRs (Long term relievers). It's a great way to get to know a school before you commit yourself! It's also a way for the school to get to know you and, if you fit in, you'll find yourself first in line for the permanent position.

From my experience, only schools which have staff retention issues tend to look overseas. My first school snapped me up from the UK - I pretty soon found out why and left at the end of the second term. My next (and current post) was almost created for me and my qualifications. It's demanding but very rewarding. I've noticed that staff doing relief teaching find themselves being offered posts too. They like to know you. Term 4 is not the best time for relief teacher income though as the senior students leave about halfway through and any relief is covered by staff released from senior time.

If you can afford to, find where you'd like to live, take (not send) your cv to schools you like the look of and start chatting to people. It's a bit of a culture shock, but it works! Good luck

Thanks for the info! All my NZQA information is set and ready to go, so I suppose i'll be shopping myself around as soon as I get the chance

Remember to get certified copies of the originals before you send to NZQA.

Send copies to NZTC as they can start processing your application at the same time as NZQA do that application
    Don't send original copies to NZTC.