Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: container arrival dates help advice

Default container arrival dates help advice

pickfords are saying arrival date projected 10th March -how accurate do you think this is from your experience

I've just checked online and the ship is expected at sydney on the 8th March

do we need to step up finding an unfurnished house by 10th March ... we could do with a bit more time to decide the area to live in and property

doesn't it all be unloaded and cleared by MAF

anyone out there delayed delivery and paid for storage -if so how much do u reckon for a 20foot container?

I assume Pickfords would still deliver and unpack after any delayed period

any thoughts advice appreciated

cheers

Ours arrived in TGA on 17th Feb, was orignially scheduled for delivery today, but we perssuaded them to deliver last monday instead/. We wanted it ASAP and so had pre-notified MAF and so the clearance was done on Monday AM.
    On teh other hand they normally quote 5-10 days post arrival.

Storage can be quite expensive, so check with them ASAP as to what the cost will be.

cheers for that Duncan - i'll check when it's due for delivery to our new home and see how much it could cost to delay

must be great to see and have all your stuff again!

Hi there

Ours came up to us about 10 days after arrival (of what was quoted to us and what we saw on looking up the ship!) what with MAF inspections etc.
    All cleared fine - but it was just time.

Just ask them what happens if you want to delay..

You just can't be sure - ours got stuck somewhere en route (Sydney I think) and arrived almost a month late.

thanks NAP and April

... gonna assume it'll be at least a week later and maybe longer given April's experience!
    cheers

Just ask your removals company. They'll know the port it's coming into, their forward workload and be able to give you the most accurate answer.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

When I was dealing with Conroy's at this end, they said they would not guarantee it's arrival in Wellington until it got to Sydney. I can't remember the time lag between Sydney and Welly, but it was between 4-8 days (depends if it needs to change ship in Sydney, if it's coming direct or via any other ports etc).

Online tracking said it was due to arrive in Welly on the Tuesday but it actually came in on the Sunday. Conroy's cleared it through Customs on Monday morning and we had it all on Tuesday.

Anything that had been identified by MAF for inspection was left in the garage, still boxed, and Conroy's arranged for the inspector to come round on Wednesday morning. Everything was grand and we even got complimented on the cleanliness of our stuff

Ours arrived in Auckland a week later than scheduled. Then it was at Pickfords for another 10 days or so awaiting customs and MAF inspections. What was annoying was that Pickfords contract offered 7 days "free" storage, but because it went over that period they charged us approx $400 for loading/unloading into another container.

Ours arrived in Auckland with Pickfords on scedule, we tracked it all the way through. It took about 2 weeks at their depot before it was delivered to the house. That was to sort out MAF etc. All in all it went very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast