Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern visa to Permanent Residence

Hi fivezero7,

Welcome to the forum & I hope all of us can benefit from your marvelous experience. I'm a Software Engineer and already got my ITA , although I was pretty forward about my move now I'm quiet scared of those earth quakes. I'm really sorry if I'm sounding ridiculous! I don't have a single experience of an earth quake or a tremor before and having a heavy heart on Christchurch victims.

We received ITA in mail from Bangkok branch, I hope you'll get PR quickly as you are already on-shore & got a skilled job.

But for us offshore applicants processing timeline always very lengthy!!!

Congrats! Another silver fern success story!

Fivezero7,

Your message is really heartening. I am from India too, and plan to come to NZ through the Silver Fern visa this year. Just one quick question: Where did you stay in Wellington when you came over? How can we get along when we proceed in our Job Search?

Quote Originally Posted by nawhrm View Post
    Hi fivezero7,

Congrate for the new job and EOI decision successful.
    Next you will received ITA pack via physical mail. Do check you mail box regularly.
    Thanks nawhrm,
    i shall have a look at my mail box regularly, also i will keep updating this thread with the status.

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    congrats mate - best of luck
    Thanks Ankit.
    best of luck to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilKiwi View Post
    Hi fivezero7,

Welcome to the forum & I hope all of us can benefit from your marvelous experience. I'm a Software Engineer and already got my ITA , although I was pretty forward about my move now I'm quiet scared of those earth quakes. I'm really sorry if I'm sounding ridiculous! I don't have a single experience of an earth quake or a tremor before and having a heavy heart on Christchurch victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilKiwi View Post
    We received ITA in mail from Bangkok branch, I hope you'll get PR quickly as you are already on-shore & got a skilled job.

But for us offshore applicants processing timeline always very lengthy!!!
    Thanks lilkiwi,
    you don't sound ridiculous at all.
    i know it can be very scary when you are amidst such bad experiences.
    but we should not lose hope.
    quoting the dialogue's from one of my favorite movies 'The Shawshank Redemption' :

"Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

"Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Quote Originally Posted by mangotea View Post
    Congrats! Another silver fern success story!
    Thanks mangotea,
    i had planned to go back home if i didn't get any job by march - april.
    but luckily i got a job now and with God's grace everything's back on track now.

Quote Originally Posted by vivshivram View Post
    Fivezero7,

Your message is really heartening. I am from India too, and plan to come to NZ through the Silver Fern visa this year. Just one quick question: Where did you stay in Wellington when you came over? How can we get along when we proceed in our Job Search?
    hi vivshivram,

i stayed with my best friend who works in Wellington.
    he was generous enough to take care of my each expense and told me clearly that once i get a job then i could repay him.
    i was very lucky in that regard.

job search is going to be difficult, believe me. it is not as easy as India where everything is quick and fast.
    the consultants here take quite a long time to act and the onus is always on us to nudge them and keep them reminded of our application.
    also, because in my case the consultants had heard about this visa for the first time, i had a lot of difficulty of making them understand that i was really eligible to work in NZ.

rest all is a mix of luck and hard work.
    best of luck.

Congrats Fivezero7!
    Expect your ITA soon. In the meantime, you can start with the process of arranging your Police Certificate(s) and Full Birth Certificate. These are a compulsory requirement and usually take the most time to arrange.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by zeiger View Post
    Congrats Fivezero7!
    Expect your ITA soon. In the meantime, you can start with the process of arranging your Police Certificate(s) and Full Birth Certificate. These are a compulsory requirement and usually take the most time to arrange.

All the best!
    thanks zeiger.
    i have already procured a fresh police certificate and have my birth certificate with me.
    as far as medical is concerned, i gave a medical report to immigration NZ in august 2010.
    i will try to ask my case officer if that report can be treated as valid or not.
    also, i had already got the NZQA assessment done earlier in august 2010, so it will be valid too.
    i hope things move fast and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by fivezero7 View Post
    hi vivshivram,

i stayed with my best friend who works in Wellington.
    he was generous enough to take care of my each expense and told me clearly that once i get a job then i could repay him.
    i was very lucky in that regard.

job search is going to be difficult, believe me. it is not as easy as India where everything is quick and fast.
    the consultants here take quite a long time to act and the onus is always on us to nudge them and keep them reminded of our application.
    also, because in my case the consultants had heard about this visa for the first time, i had a lot of difficulty of making them understand that i was really eligible to work in NZ.

rest all is a mix of luck and hard work.
    best of luck.
    Yes, what you say is very sensible. I have already burnt my fingers in the job market, and can feel that it's going to be a tough ride. But all's well that ends well. Age is on my side right now, so getting a good break should be a matter of time. Thanks a lot for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by fivezero7 View Post
    thanks zeiger.
    i have already procured a fresh police certificate and have my birth certificate with me.
    as far as medical is concerned, i gave a medical report to immigration NZ in august 2010.
    i will try to ask my case officer if that report can be treated as valid or not.
    also, i had already got the NZQA assessment done earlier in august 2010, so it will be valid too.
    i hope things move fast and smooth.
    Hi fivezero7! Are you going to get police certificates back home? We're in the same boat. Got selected in last week's EOI

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast