Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Act of human kindness to strangers

Default Act of human kindness to strangers

Want some encouragement?

Want some good news?

Want to be uplifted by human kindness?

I just stumbled across these pages on trademe (NZ Ebay equivalent) with hundreds of people in NZ offering all sorts of free practical and sacrificial care to help anyone from Christchurch.

Puts faith back into humanity!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Chch-ear...thquake-support/index.htm

MBK

That is typical I have been inundated with offers of food and accomodation. The boys are all up in Tasman with someone who has offered through OH's tai chi group. The work joiner sealed up my windows for free. Sophie, BenandClare, Peebles16 to name but a fewave all been marvellous in their support. The people who realised that I had not posted and were concerned, work who phoned me and offered to put me up in a motel, the people who have offered toys to my kids, my CEO for putting me in touch with the work odd job carpenter who sealed my winbdows and refused to charge me, the neighbours who took our black bags of defrosted food and other unmentionables away, the neighbour who is living on the hill and keeping an eye on the house and texting us with news, the hugs from complete strangers, our first NZ landlords twho rang today to offer us their flat which is becoming vacant if we required, my colleague who has taken us into her home, the others that have offered..........there are more, many more events too numerous to mention.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support during this time of need and uncertainty.

Yes in the middle of this awful tragedy, devastation and mess -it's great to see these random acts of love, care and compassion everywhere...

These are actions that reflect true spirituality in action

Then the King will say:
    ‘Come, you who are like My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    Because when I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat;
    I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink;
    I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
    Naked, and you clothed Me;
    I was sick, and you visited Me;
    I was in prison, and you came to Me.’

Perplexed they will answer Him:
    ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
    ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

The King will answer and say to them:
    ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers or sisters of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

(((Mamee and Co)))

<Faith somewhat restored in the human spirit.

What a great list of offers, that is heart-warming. Feel sad about all the displaced and lost pet listings.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

The Kiwi Spirit is well and truly alive at times like these. I know that this quake does not feel like a Christchurch quake but a New Zealand one. Yes, Cantabrians are the ones that have been badly affected, but the enthusiasm for helping out makes it feel like the whole country rode that shake.

I wish I could do more, but not with money, that's easy to throw away. I wish I could help on a more personal level that involved more physically/emotionally from me. I feel I'm too far away to really affect things.

Small population = Big Hearts

Makes me proud

this part of NZ attracts me the most!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast