Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Cholesterol

Question High Cholesterol

Hi All,

I'm a new member to this forum and would like to share/ask a question to those who may have similar experience with me.
    I got a job offer from an accredited employer and therefore is looking forward to apply for a WTR {Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Category}, I now have all the papers ready including the completed form from the employer.
    My biggest concern is my High Cholesterol and high triglycerides, but my examining doctor ticked the box, NO ABNORMAL findings. Do you think this would pose a problem or delay in the processing? I had a looked at the operational manual and it seems the temporary visa is more tolerant compared to the PR health requirements.
    Any thoughts or comments?
    Thanks guys....

regards,
    dan
    Last edited by adan888; 1st March 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Are these problems that a doctor has been treating you for? As health issues that are stable under an ongoing (not too expensive) regime are not normally a problem.

Thanks for the lightning quick reply.
    I'm not really under treatment as I only found out about them during the medical exam, and he advised me to see my GP.
    Do you think this is not something to worry about and go ahead with the application without a re-test? Has anyone under the WTR (talent, accredited employer) ahd the same issue as i have?
    Cheers...

The medicals for any visa don't demand perfection. In your shoes, I would go ahead with the application AND see the GP. As the doctor doing the medical has said there's nothing abnormal, the CO may not pick the relatively high readings up, but if he does and refers you, you would be able to reply to any queries from the MA that you are already taking advice and treatment, and your GP would already be in a position to comment on your case (which is very likely what the MA would ask for), thereby saving time.

Thanks JandM

You have to love the inconsistency of panel doctors don't you! I had slightly raised triglycerides and he ticked abnormal findings. Hopefully as your doctor hasn't ticked abnormal you shouldn't get referred to a medical assessor. As JandM says I'd go see your doctor just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by mptopham View Post
    You have to love the inconsistency of panel doctors don't you! I had slightly raised triglycerides and he ticked abnormal findings. Hopefully as your doctor hasn't ticked abnormal you shouldn't get referred to a medical assessor. As JandM says I'd go see your doctor just in case.
    lets wait and see then...

Hi there, I had high cholesterol level when tested for my residency application, having been in NZ for 2 1/2 years on business visa, got referred to MA, did a further blood test after 2 months, reading still high, had a quick chat with GP who put me on a weeks trial pack of Lipitor, did a further blood test, sent improved result to Immigration and got residency approved.

Original medical before moving to NZ never had blood lipids tested.....!
    Residency medical First test Cholesterol 8.3
    Second test after sensible diet Cholesterol 7.3
    Third test after Lipitor for 5 days Cholesterol 4.5

GP then prescribed Lipitor and as it is fully funded in NZ the cost to me for 3 months supply is only $3.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysox View Post
    Hi there, I had high cholesterol level when tested for my residency application, having been in NZ for 2 1/2 years on business visa, got referred to MA, did a further blood test after 2 months, reading still high, had a quick chat with GP who put me on a weeks trial pack of Lipitor, did a further blood test, sent improved result to Immigration and got residency approved.

Original medical before moving to NZ never had blood lipids tested.....!
    Residency medical First test Cholesterol 8.3
    Second test after sensible diet Cholesterol 7.3
    Third test after Lipitor for 5 days Cholesterol 4.5

GP then prescribed Lipitor and as it is fully funded in NZ the cost to me for 3 months supply is only $3.

Good luck.
    Did you get the referred to MA before you got your first visa or after you arrived in NZ for the PR? confused

cheers...

My reading is, when in NZ and applying for the PR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast