Thread: Kiwi Bound (again!)

Smile Kiwi Bound (again!)

So, now that I have secured a new teaching position, we have decided to throw caution to the wind and leave the states without having a sale on our house yet (eek!). Worse case scenario is that we will have to rent it out. We plan to arrive in mid July...

We have reserved a lovely little cabin not too far from my new work place (in Karaka, Auckland) for 60 days that is furnished and takes dogs (we have 2 little dogs).

All we have to do now is organize a container, dog transportation, air tickets, house sale or rental, handing in notice at work, kids enrollment in a new school (they are enrolling at the school where I will be working thankfully!), packing, and probably a million other things that will crop up between now and July. We have already overcome the hurdle of informing friends and family members (who have taken the news with mixed feelings which we expected).

There is something to be said for doing this a second time - this time we know exactly what we have in store for us. Quite a different feeling from the first time we made this move!

Even though I am overwhelmed at the pile of work ahead of us, I am SO excited to be finally able to circle a date on a calendar.

Amy.

welcome from a second timer too! it is easier as you stated and will not be such a culture shock
    good luck with your plans
    Jane

As already said ' CONGRATULATIONS' - you have done remarkably well to secure a teaching job from overseas and I wish you the very best of luck that it all works out this time.

Second time around is much better, congratulations and good luck!

Securing a job relieves so much of pressure . Congratulations and have some of these . and Good lucks for the rest of the things in your list. I am also reaching auckland on 13th of May.

Well done and good luck Amy - I bet you can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
    There is something to be said for doing this a second time - this time we know exactly what we have in store for us. Quite a different feeling from the first time we made this move!

Amy.
    Congrat Amy - I agree with your sentiment. Wew are planning ot return sometime in thenext few years and are much wiser than before. As they say -hindsight is a wonderful thing - and this time you have it.