Thread: IT Audit Vs IT Security

Default IT Audit Vs IT Security

I have "IT Audit" job title but my roles are almost same as that of "IT Security" which is included in LTSL so I claimed bonus points for employment in Absolute skill shortage. Will it create problem later on and they will deduct my points if they strictly match the titles ? Or they just see roles and responsibilities ?
    Awaiting Suggestions ....

Is anybody here with IT Audit Job Title and have claimed bonus points for absolute skill shortage?

Check carefully the other two columns of the list. They will say what education you need and the EXACT wording of it. If your degree matches the level -AND- the title, then it is likely for you to be able to claim points.

However, ensure that you write IT Security or whatever is on the LTSSL -- otherwise, INZ will take the points away. They read the requirements literally and leave nothing for interpretation. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcho View Post
    Check carefully the other two columns of the list. They will say what education you need and the EXACT wording of it. If your degree matches the level -AND- the title, then it is likely for you to be able to claim points.

However, ensure that you write IT Security or whatever is on the LTSSL -- otherwise, INZ will take the points away. They read the requirements literally and leave nothing for interpretation. Let us know how it goes.
    My Job Title "IT Audit" is not mentioned in LTSSL but the job IT Security is same as mine with roles is present in LTSSL. My question is whether they will check responsibilities or Titles in order to give bonus points. My Qualification and experience is according to requirement the issue is only with job title.

I am sure they will check the title first (but I would not bet my head on it and would be interested in reading other people's opinions). It's better to write IT Security and then even if your reference says IT Audit it would be easier for you to show that the responsibilities of the two positions overlap, than having being denied outright that you have chosen a job that is not on the LTSSL.

One more reason to select IT Security -- without it, most likely you won't be able to claim any points for work experience as they are based on a position from the LTSSL, so you "might" not have enough to file the EOI.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcho View Post
    I am sure they will check the title first (but I would not bet my head on it and would be interested in reading other people's opinions). It's better to write IT Security and then even if your reference says IT Audit it would be easier for you to show that the responsibilities of the two positions overlap, than having being denied outright that you have chosen a job that is not on the LTSSL.

One more reason to select IT Security -- without it, most likely you won't be able to claim any points for work experience as they are based on a position from the LTSSL, so you "might" not have enough to file the EOI.
    Thanks alot for your suggestion. But more clarification on the issue is welcome.