Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Her happiest 2 months of her life...

Default Her happiest 2 months of her life...

Hi everyone,
    A really blue week...we had to bury our 10-yr old Weimeraner, Jasmine yesterday. She and her 4yr old Boxer brother have had the most amazing month and a half here -- I have NEVER seen our Weimaraner this happy and "free", running around on acres and acres of land up here since we have so few neighbors, and all the fun nearby parks and tracks we took her (and her brother on). Her tail was going to fall off from all the wagging and she smiled and smiled and smiled every time she came back from exploring!

Unfortunately, ....2 days ago she got into a small box of slug & snail bait that was still sealed in a box in the garage. We had just bought it the day before since everyone up here seems to use it in their garden. The box say dogs won't be interested in it - that it has a bitter repellent dogs don't like. Well...apparently Jasmine was interested and ate enough to shock her system - just a couple teaspoons is fatal, FYI. We took her to the Vet and they knew the symptoms right away (convulsions/seizures)...but unfortunately there is not anything you can do but give them chalk and sedatives and wait it out and see if the system fights it. They gave her a barbituate to completely put her in la-la land so she wouldn't feel any pain.

I told her that if it hurt too much she should just let go. Eventually, the barbituate kicked in and she was peaceful, then she passed away in a few hours...but while in peace The Vet was wonderful - lovely really -- she let me sit right there with her for hours as company and the Vet was in checking every 10 minutes.

I dug her a nice deep grave on a pretty spot of our land. A little white butterfly stayed right around me while I was digging the grave. Jasmine looked very beautiful and at peace in the crisp white sheet....with flowers on top, it was the beautiful princess burial she deserved (we called her "princess' because she hated to get dirty -- until we came here and she became a tomboy with nose dirty all the time and splashing around having fun in mud!! It was so great to see that!).

We will miss her so terribly much. She's up in doggy heaven right now chasing birds, bugs, sniffing at cute little NZ green frogs and unlimited swimming in a nice warm pond. She has all her favorite foods around her to eat endlessly -- fresh baked bread, Pot Roast (right off the kitchen counter), chocolate cake (also off the kitchen counter), doggy treats of every kind and green grapes...her absolute favorite....stolen...off the counter (ha).

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

So sorry to hear that I dread that day. But at least you can take comfort in the wonderful times she shared with you during these last couple of months. After all, you did it for them

((Hugs))

Thank you Manks for the ((hug)) and the nice words.

Oh, I'm SO sorry to hear this news. ((()))

What a tragedy, I really feel for you.......... what precious memories you have.

So sorry to hear about your dog...but at least she was living in her happy place before it happened...and was no doubt very glad to be with you. I know that you will miss her deeply...to lose a pet suddenly really hurts.

(((hugs))))

Love

Mamee

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the ((())))'s and words...I miss her so very much.

Oh Cant wait - so sorry to hear that xxxx Apologies for not mentioning it in my pm to you just there as only just read this..
    HUGS XXXX

I have 2 dogs and i love them with all my life.

I am so so sorry for your loss...

Though Jasmine must be really happy to have experienced the carefree life in NZ

I teared when i read that a white butterfly was around you while you were digging her grave... She's still by your side and never far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast