Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a house looks like post earthquake

Default What a house looks like post earthquake

My house was not badly damaged. The road access to it is the problem. I have broken windows, cracks and brickwork coming apart. But this gives an indication of what people are having to deal with in the area. We are lucky it is only "stuff" albeit "Stuff" with sentimental value, our wedding china, Mum's trifle bowl, many presents, but we are fully insured and have already been contacted by phone by our insurers telling us not to worry, we are covered for anything that the EQC will not cover.

In the second photo my husband was sitting in the computer chair as the quake started......

PLease feel free to share these photos with your friends and ask them to consider a donation to the Red Cross appeal for New Zealand. Some of the worst hit areas were the least affluent areas and while my family will survive this some may not.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/nzearthqu...itNZearthquake

Hope you can get your selves sorted soon, must be an awful time even if you only have a little damage. Our thoughts are with you all. We feel terrible that we can't be there to help in person.

Gosh. Sentimental stuff is THE hardest as you know. Thoughts are with you.

I feel for you- if we would be hit by an earthquake of that strenght, all of our things would be broken- and there are lots of things we would not be able to get again. But I also think, that is a minor problem as long as you and your family is ok(ish) and unharmed!
    I got my OH to fix at least some of our furniture to the wall, I know you cannot do that in a rental, and I also know that it is only of minor help when you're close to the epicentrum. But it gives me a little peace of mind, considering that we're literally sitting on one of the biggest faultlines here in Blenheim.

I am going to send the photos to my relatives in Germany......, together with the link!

*hughug* I'm sending an update to friends and family tonight, will def include these pics.. I still can't believe how lightly we and our things got off in this quake..

Thanks for sharing that. Keep your spirits up and know that if it wasn't for the distance and the Cook Strait we would be down there to help you clean up. Lots of money collecting going on in Wellington!

Thanks for showing that..I've seen a lot unfortunately through family and friends...

Very happy to hear that you are all physically safe..

My husband's company here in Australia has donated $81,000 nzd to the Red Cross....

Sorry you have to deal with that...it's -- ugh -- horrible. We have donated a couple of ways from here in the Far North. Wish I could just cook someone a hot meal...but we're so far up. Keep doing what you are doing...it's inspiring

Its funny that everyone wants to help. I do too...and have no means of doing anything. I have been told today that we are suffering and need to be helped but it is not in my normal nature. Still be going to work I will be helping, albeit indirectly, to return a sense of normality, to ensure that this city returns to be a vibrant metropolis.

Keep the support up folks, a lot of us are going to need the continued care in the coming months.

I can't imagine what it must be like to clean up - especially for those who don't have power or water. I've been glued to the computer listening to newstalkzb live. Such sad stories - but many good stories too.

My sister has donated through the U.S. Salvation Army, asking that it be earmarked for the ChCh earthquake - but I'm waiting until I get to NZ in a couple of days so that I know the funds are being used for Christchurch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast