Thread: ITA submission Partner qualifications

Exclamation ITA submission Partner qualifications

Hi all,

My EOI selected with 130 points and I have claimed marks for partner's postgraduate qualifications.

Now I have a big doubt regarding ITA,

In the ITA it has been mentioned that "Please provide the details of the recognized qualifications that <xxxxxxxxx> claiming points. If claiming points for a postgraduate qualification please also add the details of <xxxxxxxxx> undergraduate qualifications."

I didn't mention the undergraduate qualification for the partner when submitting the EOI. Instead I'm claiming points for her post graduate qualification because it is in the list of qualification exempted from assessment. Her undergraduate qualification is not exempted from the assessment and therefore I have decided to include only the postgraduate.

• Since above statement mentioned in ITA do I have to list her undergraduate qualification in the application ?
    • If I mention her undergraduate qualification in the ITA, do I have to submit an NZQA assessment for that? (I'm not claiming points for this under grad qualification)

Any help would be really appreciated
    Last edited by lilKiwi; 7th March 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Any bells ringing guys?

Not working from a position of KNOWLEDGE, here, but I'll add this thought since nobody else has answered you...

I've noticed people saying that, when they claim for a higher degree for themself as principal applicant, they also have to show that they have an undergraduate degree in the same discipline. This is to prove that they have depth of knowledge and experience in the field, as in some countries/institutions it is possible to go straight into postgraduate study without a first degree in the same area of work, which NZ don't regard as good practice.

So, in the case you mention, if INZ are specifically asking for details of your partner's undergraduate qualification, it wouldn't be surprising, and it looks as though, if you need those points for her postgraduate qualification, you will have to do as they say. They haven't said anything about NZQA in the part you've quoted, but it could well be necessary. Ask them.

Thanks!

Now the problem is how to include these details ?

How to add this to the ITA? Is there specific format I should follow?

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!