Thread: Moving small amounts from UK-NZ

Talking Moving small amounts from UK-NZ

Hi all

So I'm trying to find ways to get my stuff from Northumberland to Auckland and I really don't know what options are available - I can find a lot of info on full house moves but having never owned a house I just have personal belongings rather than furniture etc. Can anyone suggest anything?

For a bit of background on me, I was out in NZ for 2 years on WHV and I'm now moving back to be with my Kiwi boyfriend who I met when I was out there!! I'm initially going out on a partner supported visitor visa then changing it to work visa after we've lived together a while. It's all been approved and my flight is booked for 31st May!!! Very excited!!!!

Thank you!!

Hi, I'd suggest that you contact some of the removal companies. You don't have to send a full container you can just send the stuff you have and they will put it together with other peoples things to fill a shipping container.

Or, and it might depend on how much you have to send whether this is a good option or not, ask these people for a quote. http://www.parcel2go.com/?gclid=COuY...FUcQfAodQSqklw

We have used www.sevenseasworldwide.com several time as we ping-ponged back and forth. They ship more excess baggage so clothes, books, dvd's stuff like that nothing big, you order the boxes pack them yourself and then they will collect and deliver the other end, we never had any problems and our stuff arrived in good condition and when they said it would. Ours went by sea but for extra cost you can send stuff by air if you want it quicker. HTH