Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good bye Devon hello Christchurch

Default good bye Devon hello Christchurch

Hello all.

I am currently sat in a lounge at heathrow feeling very emotional have just said good bye to my wife who i will not see now for six months and my children yesterday. It is strange to have sooo many mixed emotions going on inside my head. Part of me wants to break down and cry and another part wants to jump up and down with joy at the start of our new beggining. As with all things in life i guess there needs to be a little pain in order to truely enjoy the good to come. Well i guess that is my vent over with take care all and see you in nz soon

Safe journey and happy landings, with all best wishes for the busy time just ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoxen View Post
    Hello all.

I am currently sat in a lounge at heathrow feeling very emotional have just said good bye to my wife who i will not see now for six months and my children yesterday. It is strange to have sooo many mixed emotions going on inside my head. Part of me wants to break down and cry and another part wants to jump up and down with joy at the start of our new beggining. As with all things in life i guess there needs to be a little pain in order to truely enjoy the good to come. Well i guess that is my vent over with take care all and see you in nz soon
    I can totally relate to your feelings, it's a real emotional roller-coaster. Have a safe trip and a great new life.

Andrew

Safe journey. Six months will fly by in no time at all :-) Enjoy the ride ahead.. I'm sure it will be awesome.

As you know, I went through similar last year. I think it's important that you try to do some sightseeing / join some clubs as soon as possible. There's a great desire to say that you'll 'wait until ??? arrives', but in reaality that will jsut make it seem longer. And it also means that you'll know where you want to go first when the family arrive, and scope out the best coffee shops etc.

Where abouts are you going?

Good advice Duncan I'll pass it on

Madoxen is a landing here at 10.30 Monday and staying with us till he's sorted some flat sharing action out

Ah, cool. He's got someone to show him round and be there for him. Cool.

Safe flight. Can't wait to hear your first impressions.

Happy travels, Madoxen!!

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Madoxen is a landing here at 10.30 Monday and staying with us till he's sorted some flat sharing action out
    Coolio!

Well Have landed safe and sound , Thanks for all the tips its all very appreciated. Ben and Clare have been great, and have made me feel very welcome and provided the beer as promised .

So far Things have been great, spent today getting insurance and aa cover for me big red shiney 4x4, and fighting with the phone shop trying to get a contract sorted out (which is still not done as they think some one who has invested $$$$$$ into a business might flee the country not paying their $80 phone bill grrrrrr, still ding ding round 2 tomorow morning when they have read the visa i have and done more checks ????? grrrrrr.

I had a drive into Christchurch after lunch to see if the place i stayed at last year was still their but was unable to get anywhere near it so presume it has not faired so well. The roads are very bumpy now and lots of destruction all around My heart really does go out to all those that have been hit by this Earth quake.

Over all I am loving being here but am missing Rachel, Isabella and Joshua badly, having said that Skype is a god send and has let me see them all for bedtime kisses and talks lol.

Will post a proper post on my thoughts and reactions to the move in a day or two when i have got me head round everything lol

take care all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast