Thread: Telephonic Interview

Default Telephonic Interview

Heya
    For a telephonic interview they have requested to chat to both myself and my OH (principal applicant).
    What I wanted to know is do we need to organise a speaker phone as it is a multiway conversation or do they chat to us individually?
    S

They chat with the principal applicant for the better part of the interview. After they are done with him/her, the interviewer asks for the secondary applicant.

The main questions for the secondary applicant, after verifying identity, are what are your intentions when you are there, how you will find a job, what kind of job would you look for, will you be looking for a different type of job if none in your field is available, and if you have looked for a job already and where.

It makes a good impression if you have already sent a job application here and there but do not lie as they would ask you what the outcome of the application was.

They would also ask what kind of position you applied for, so be prepared to answer these questions.

Similar ones but in more detail are asked of the primary applicant too

Be prepared!

And let us know how it went

Groets, Nick

Thanks Nick

You'll find old threads with a lot of interview questions if you do a search. Good luck!