Thread: EOI and 'future growth'

Default EOI and 'future growth'

Hi, I'm about to pull the trigger on submitting my EOI, I have 125 points. If I can claim the 15 points for 'identified area of future growth' I'll be at 140, which seems from the NZ immigration website to be significant. However, after adding my 6 years experience in Biotech, the points haven't increased on the online form. Is this because it will need assessment by an officer?

Thanks in advance for your help. Al.

Hello and welcome.

I don't know a definite answer for you, but your guess is quite likely right. Or there could be a glitch with the system.

140 is certainly significant, as it means the EOI would be immediately selected from the pool. Therefore it might be a good idea to either ask the above query from the INZ telephone helpline or online 'contact us' page, so any problem could be sorted out, or send a written notification that your EOI has gone in with an apparent 140 points which the system is not showing up, so as to (we hope) ensure somebody at INZ goes looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomatologic View Post
    Hi, I'm about to pull the trigger on submitting my EOI, I have 125 points. If I can claim the 15 points for 'identified area of future growth' I'll be at 140, which seems from the NZ immigration website to be significant. However, after adding my 6 years experience in Biotech, the points haven't increased on the online form. Is this because it will need assessment by an officer?

Thanks in advance for your help. Al.
    Hi,
    I faced a similar situation as well.

It is not a glitch. The points in an "identified area of future growth" can be claimed only if you have the relevant experience inside New Zealand.
    So even if you claim points in that section, you will not be awarded any if the "No. of years of work experience in New Zealand" section is filled with 0 years.

Let us know here if this is your case. It will be helpful information for others.

My understanding of it is that you only get the bonus points for an area of future growth if you have a NZ job offer or are already working in that area in NZ. We are in the same boat - OH's experience is on that list too.

I could be wrong (as it's all sooo confusing) but I think this was one of the things that OH asked an immigration consultant as we were confused about it too.

Thanks all. I'm going to try calling to confirm. Better find myself an offer of employment... Not sure how easy that will be, but I'm game...!