Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed for auckland transport

Question Advice needed for auckland transport

Hi All I have got a business meeting in Auckland on the 17th march on Albert St, Auckland, My plane lands at 8 am and my meeting is at 9 am would i be better off getting a taxi if so any ideas how much that will cost or bus it again any ideas on what bus i would need and approx cost. or if anyonw has a better suggestion of geting there . thanks all

You'll not make it.

If it's a first meeting where making the right impression counts then get an earlier flight, go up the night before or make the meeting 10:00.

OH has done it in a taxi for $70 at that time of the morning, but if the traffic is really bad then forget it, it can be done but you may be a bit stressed by it

Thanks Duncan74 and Georgebulldog I have spoken to them and have put the meeting back, they happy for me to arrive in how ever long it takes to get there from airport.

Do you think a hire car would be a good bet if its $70 each way on taxi, or is there a direct bus that any of you know of ??? thanks

There's a bus, and personally then that would be better than a car as you can chill out and go with the flow - Auckland in rush hour when you've not driven there before will not be fun, then you've hte hassle of finding a car park, etc etc. So Bus>taxi and then walk. Hire car comes after that. I always drive up teh night before and stay in town ($127 at the Rendezvous which is peanuts as it means I am in the office and able to work 10 hours and leave at 6:45 after the evening rush. Alternative is a 4am start and I'm knackered for the PM, so it saves money for the company anyway.

The drive into AKL is all strange lane drops, odd diverges and is a crawl at rush hour, so best avoided until you really have to and you know where you're going.

Thanks Duncan I would have booked the flight for the night before but they brought and payed for the tickets so unfortunatly did not have much say in it grrr. think for simplicity i will just taxi it as can claim it anyways albe it pay for it eventualy lol .

The shuttle buses are also a good option as you tend to share with others heading in the same direction so they can work out quite economical. Super Shuttle does a one-way to the city for $25. http://www.supershuttle.co.nz/

The airbus is cheaper though:

http://www.airbus.co.nz/

also if you hireda car the parking costs in Auckland are expnsive I parked for a conference for 2 hours $25 its not cheap!

Try this
    you can play about with the times

http://www.maxx.co.nz/journey-planne...2011&isAfter=B
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 16th March 2011 at 08:26 AM.

I would definitely go for the airbus - I have used it many times and it will drop you off on Queen St so you just have a short walk to Albert St :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast