Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanting to live in nz

Default wanting to live in nz

hi im dave and live in manchester england i am trying to find the best or easiest way to live in nz i have a partner mariawho is a hairdresser i have a small paving and landscape buisness not sure if we want to do any of these when we get there aiso coming with us would be our 2 youngest daughters aged 10 and 8 and our 20 year old daughter and her partner aged 23 our elder aged 27 daughter now lives in albany north shore auckland and has done for the last 3and ahalf years she lives with her husband who has lived there for the same amount of time they have twin daughters who were born in nz at the moment my house is for sale if it sells iwould have aprox 1hundread thousand pounds if not we will rent it out and be entering nz with about 5 thousand pounds i am trying to give as much information about ourselves as possible to help any one give us much needed advice we would be willing to do any type of work or set up a small buisness i have been told we would need student vissas for the children and the best visas for our selves would be work to reside is this corect is there avisa for a small buisness that would get us residency thanks for any advice

Hello and welcome.

Kia Ora.

Has the full stop broken on you keyboard?...

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by NikT View Post
    Kia Ora.

Has the full stop broken on you keyboard?...

Nick.
    And the shift key

Welcome Dave and Maria. Good luck with your plans.

First thoughts.

Unless your 20-year-old daughter is financially dependent on you, you would not be able to include her in any application, and her partner definitely wouldn't count as part of it. He, or the two of them, will need to apply separately. If they don't have qualifications wanted by NZ, perhaps a good first step would be a Working Holiday Visa.

You need to look at the Immigration NZ website to see the requirements. Skilled Migrant needs qualifications in one of their lists of skills that are in short supply in the country at the time you apply. Then there are the various kinds of work visas. Here is the page, with links off it, that you need to read. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

Then, there are visas for those wanting to run their own business. You'd need to look at the Long Term Business Visa link, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/

Hello and welcome!

P

Hello and good luck with any plans- and to JandM, I take my hat off you for reaqding through the post to the end.., I admit I had to stop after the first 30 words!

Some people are just so picky!! I can't really add any more advice than JandM has given but just wanted to say hi and welcome and I hope it all works out for you. Don't be put off, most of us really are more interested in what you have to say than in your punctuation!

Quote Originally Posted by ShineyPeople View Post
    Some people are just so picky!! I can't really add any more advice than JandM has given but just wanted to say hi and welcome and I hope it all works out for you. Don't be put off, most of us really are more interested in what you have to say than in your punctuation!
    Yes of course we want to help all newbies but it makes it very difficult to read long posts that have no punctuation at all!

i am glad to see that not every one is looking at the right spelling and the likes.
    i myself was born in poland, grew up in germany and my english was terrible 17 years ago.
    as a foreigner trying to speak and write english it can be daunting, and just cause you live in britain dont always mean you are british.
    even in germany where i went to school there was those "better"educated than others for whatever reasons life threw at you.
    will keep reading, but am not sure if i want to post again

dave and maria, welcome to the forum, i found it full of fantastic information and good luck on your pending new zealand adventure if it comes together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast