Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haagen Daz and other things

Default Haagen Daz and other things

Hi There
    Just wondering if you get Haagen Daz or Ben and Jerry's ice-creams in NZ?

S

There was a thread on 'equivalents' but the environmentally destructive answer is no, you need to fly over to the states/europe for your fix. And lets face it, a 24 hour return flight is justified for Cookie Dough Dynamite or Phish Food.

I think Duncan is trying to say no they are not here, but there are plenty of other delicious ice creams available!

yes lots Kapiti triple choc is a particular favourite OH 7 I wressle over this and ban the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by nickiware View Post
    I think Duncan is trying to say no they are not here, but there are plenty of other delicious ice creams available!
    There are? PLEASE tell me some makes! I must've been unlucky, as I didn't come across any during my recent trip that I rated anywhere as good as HD, or the speciality icecreams we can get in the UK. And Haagen Daz for me is 'all right', but these others are better.

we've had Movenpick and Kapiti- both delish!

No, I'm saying they aren't avail;able and I've not found anything that nice. Movenpik is certainly mighty fine, but not up there with the OP's requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    No, I'm saying they aren't avail;able and I've not found anything that nice. Movenpik is certainly mighty fine, but not up there with the OP's requirements.
    Have you tried the Mammoth versions yet? They now do a cookie dough version

Ian

Thanks. I like their yoghurts, and the ice cream was nice, but not quite there. It's not a bad thing, saves having to run another 20k a week, so it's an acceptable trade to life over here ;-)

There's a Kapati stall on the Streand down here which is nice for a lunchtime treat every now and again, but I'd not sit at home and chomp through a tub like B&J or HD.

Gelato from Valentinos on the Auckland ferry wharf or Charlies Gelato Garden up at Matakana is good enough for me. Both are the best that I've had outside of Italy - Charlies just pips Valentinos in terms of quality but Valentinos has a better selection of flavours.

Of course you can't buy these in shops - but they do have takehome packs ... although these may not quite last the trip from here to Tauranga!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast