Thread: Phone/internet charges

Default Phone/internet charges

I just got an android phone in the last week or so, and I love it - I'm addicted. Loved that I could email constantly, but when I realised I could listen to radio stations from overseas and download ebooks for free, it's my new baby. I have an unlimited data plan and unlimited landline calls as well as skype and free minutes and texts. It's coating about 80 NZD a month. Is there something comparable in NZ? I can live without IKEA, I can live without Quorn, I can live without lots of things, but ...

You might end up paying a little more !! I am not too sure whether there are any plans in NZ that offers all that...

No. You'll need to either win the lottery or change your habits.

Check the telecom, vodaphone and 3 degrees websites to see the plan charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    No. You'll need to either win the lottery or change your habits.

Check the telecom, vodaphone and 3 degrees websites to see the plan charges.
    You keep quoting 3 degrees when in fact it is only 2

Ian

Inflation.

Sorry, keep thinking of '3' the newcomer in the UK and 2 degrees. Of course should be easy to remember as '3' only had a 3G network, and of course 2 degrees was only 2g (and is slowly getting 3g).

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    You keep quoting 3 degrees when in fact it is only 2

Ian
    Perhaps Duncan's a Diana Ross fan

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    Perhaps Duncan's a Diana Ross fan
    Busted.

As in busted I'm a Diana Ross fan, not that I'm a Busted fan. That would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Busted.

As in busted I'm a Diana Ross fan, not that I'm a Busted fan. That would be wrong.

May have to go cold turkey. I average 5-6 hours a day on the phone, excluding internet use. HOW do you get through cleaning bathrooms, ironing, weeding, chopping veg without chatting to a friend at the same time.

Well if you're at home then use your phone's Wi-fi connection, although that's still not going to be unlimited like in the EU. Perhaps instead of your phone then you'll need to use skype on a netbook.

Small additional point. Who will you be talking to for 6 hours a day? Friends in the EU on internation rate (although vodaphone have a $2 for an hour rate) who are asleep, or friends in NZ that you've not got yet and due to the phone charges certainly won't be accustomed to talking for long times on mobiles. Local landline calls are generally 'free', so perhaps a cordless landline would work, subject to making friends quickly.