Thread: Canadian RCMP Check..last question

Default Canadian RCMP Check..last question

Just wanted to follow up and let you all know that we received our RCMP certificates today!!!
    But... one last question.... the certificate came back with only my current name... although the form was submitted with my maiden name and former married name (so a search has been completed on all 3 names). Will the certifcate be accepted with the one name or do I need to return to Commisionaires and submit two additional forms? Any advice???

Quote Originally Posted by AngJones View Post
    Just wanted to follow up and let you all know that we received our RCMP certificates today!!!
    But... one last question.... the certificate came back with only my current name... although the form was submitted with my maiden name and former married name (so a search has been completed on all 3 names). Will the certifcate be accepted with the one name or do I need to return to Commisionaires and submit two additional forms? Any advice???
    I gave my previous names when I requested the RCMP check last year, but the certificate shows only my current name. This hasn't been questioned by Immigration New Zealand.

AngJones....may I ask how fast the turn around time was for the checks via the Commissionaires?

Doesn't seem like it took very log at all.

We went last Saturday for the fingerprints and received the certificate by mail on Thursday... so it was a fast turnaround.

Just an update on our Canadian police checks from/while living NZ.

Understand that we paid for some speed on the envelopes via post and the documents FedEx back to us. With cost of checks (2 people) and mailing approx $400 NZ

Mailed out on march 16-17th, Canadian police check documents received today (March 29th).

Oddly enough the NZ Police checks are not back yet, and we sent out before our Canadian ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to NZ View Post
    Oddly enough the NZ Police checks are not back yet, and we sent out before our Canadian ones.
    Why did you send out for NZ police checks?

Specific procedure for New Zealand
    Immigration New Zealand will apply for a certificate on your behalf.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Why did you send out for NZ police checks?
    Ian
    Due to having been in NZ (cumulatively) over 12 months in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to NZ View Post
    Due to having been in NZ (cumulatively) over 12 months in the last 10 years.
    But NZIS apply for these on your behalf?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    But NZIS apply for these on your behalf?

Ian
    Nahhh I just went to the court house in Dargaville and asked for a police check app. Didn't know about what you mention.

But now that we do...I think we are ready to send our PR app in. Thanks for the heads up on that.
    Last edited by Addicted to NZ; 29th March 2011 at 06:01 PM.