Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO Officer response times

Default CO Officer response times

So I received an email from my CO 3 and a bit weeks ago saying that my application had been referred to the MA and that she expected to hear back within 3 weeks. I emailed her on Monday to ask if there was any news and have had no reply. I also left her a voicemail today and still nothing.

Is this normal for the London office? What experience have other people had?

Mark

I found the quickest response I had was two or three days...

You'll be fine don't worry

Cheers Rick, it's just the waiting is killing me!

Hi Mark, you may want to write to the skilled migrant team group email. It might be that your CO has taken a leave of absence. Try again her direct line, but do not leave a message. From experience the best time to reach them is early afternoon - about 2pm GMT. I was also processed in London and even though there were long periods with no news, believe me, this is good news. The case officer only wrote to us when there were material changes to the application or request for more information. I know the frustration you feel but relax and wait -- it will happen!

Hie, Hope my experience will make you feel better. Haven't heard from my case officer since September 2010 and he has not responded to any of our emails or voice mail msgs. I suppose mine is different.

So she got back to me just now. My medical has been cleared and my application is going through a second person check which means she must have made a decision. She doesn't say what the decision is but I think it must surely be positive!

Default Can You please tell me what is mean by MA?

Quote Originally Posted by mptopham View Post
    So I received an email from my CO 3 and a bit weeks ago saying that my application had been referred to the MA and that she expected to hear back within 3 weeks. I emailed her on Monday to ask if there was any news and have had no reply. I also left her a voicemail today and still nothing.

Is this normal for the London office? What experience have other people had?

Mark
    Can you please let me the meaning for the MA?
    I have attended the interview on Dec 2010 and submitted my IELTS test score by March 8th 2011 and I am also eagerly waiting for the result.

An MA (in this context) is a Medical Assessor. If a candidate has anything on their medical marked by the doctor as 'abnormal', their file will be referred to the MA so they can check whether the person's state of health is good enough for them to be admitted. They have the power to ask for more tests and/or doctor's opinions, so this can be a considerable delay, even if the person eventually is passed.

You would have been told if the doctor at your medical had found anything abnormal, and if your case had been referred to an MA.

Excellent news... fingers crossed its good news!

I generally found that it was best to phone a day after emailing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast