how do peoples

Yesterday I hopped on my bike and cycled to Hagley Park for the memorial service. I'm not a religious person, but it was something I really wanted to do. Considering that I didn't know anyone who was going - other than hubby's Sally Army cousins, who were visiting as welfare support again - the sheer HORDES did take me by surprise. A little. On the one hand, many seemed to say they'd rather watch on tv.. and on the other hand, this was a huge event that impacted so many lives and will continue to do so foe many, many years.

I was glad I went, and amazing to feel part of a huge community. I know that there were probably at least 10 times as many people watching on tv, in Chch and beyond.

All I can really say now is... whether or not our own particular family, friends, home, work or favourite place was affected... we have a lot of work to do.

There were a couple of videos shown at the service, I'm not sure whether non-NZ networks showed them.

Inside the Red Zone

Video of hope... can't find a link!! Does anyone know where it's lodged? Please don't tell me the media uploaded the sad one and not the hopeful one... *grr*

If you can't watch the TVNZ link, I'll see if I can find them on Youtube..

best wishes to all xx kia kaha xx