Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch national memorial service

Default Christchurch national memorial service

how do peoples

Yesterday I hopped on my bike and cycled to Hagley Park for the memorial service. I'm not a religious person, but it was something I really wanted to do. Considering that I didn't know anyone who was going - other than hubby's Sally Army cousins, who were visiting as welfare support again - the sheer HORDES did take me by surprise. A little. On the one hand, many seemed to say they'd rather watch on tv.. and on the other hand, this was a huge event that impacted so many lives and will continue to do so foe many, many years.

I was glad I went, and amazing to feel part of a huge community. I know that there were probably at least 10 times as many people watching on tv, in Chch and beyond.

All I can really say now is... whether or not our own particular family, friends, home, work or favourite place was affected... we have a lot of work to do.

There were a couple of videos shown at the service, I'm not sure whether non-NZ networks showed them.

Inside the Red Zone

Video of hope... can't find a link!! Does anyone know where it's lodged? Please don't tell me the media uploaded the sad one and not the hopeful one... *grr*

If you can't watch the TVNZ link, I'll see if I can find them on Youtube..

best wishes to all xx kia kaha xx

Sophie,

I watched on TV...basically because I had had the sort of illness on Thursday that currently renders you a Pariah in Christchurch!!

I admit to crying my way through two hours. But it was good to finally feel safe and settled enough once again to let myself. Like you, I have looked for the video of hope shown at the end, that meant so much to me, and showed Christchurch from my perspective since the earthquake. It means so much to me. I hope that it will be uploaded as it shows what has come out of the destruction in such a positive light.

As to the other video, so far not been able to see it...I think the website is inundated but I am sure that it will be on youtube, let's hope that the birth of hope is too!

I've also been furiously searching for the video of hope, but so far no joy. I watched at home, would have loved to have gone but was worried about parking and live a little to far out to walk.
    Lovely lovely service, also sobbed throughout, must find that video of hope though, have scoured the tvnz site but to no avail :-(

I've asked some of the guys at work if they know where it is.If the council IT bods don't know..?!

Just realised that this thread's title is mangled! How can I fix please, o lovely mods?

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    I've asked some of the guys at work if they know where it is.If the council IT bods don't know..?!

Just realised that this thread's title is mangled! How can I fix please, o lovely mods?
    Why what's wrong with it...

Ian

Thank you

Thanks Karen. It was put on youtube yesterday and I meant to put the link up and totally forgot after watching it. Sad, so sad.....

Or this? http://www.3news.co.nz/Uplifting-vid...2/Default.aspx

(courtesy of Sam B who sent that link to me this morning)

Thank you JoJo..just sat with tears in my eyes watching that again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast