Thread: Wanganui

Default Wanganui

Hi,

We are moving to Wanganui at the beginning of June 2011.

We are trying to find an affordable furnished rental while awaiting our container, so for 2-3 months.

We've got three kids under 5 so need somewhere family friendly. So far I've emailed one motel which quoted me $1200 a week

Thanks in advance

Em

Hi

why dont you consider the motel option for short term week or two and use this time to find unfurnished rental house? You could always hire the basic items until your own items arrive - places like Mr Rental - though have no first hand experience of them but i understand that they hire out items for as long or short as you need.

Just a thought especially with little ones not much fun living in small motel room.

Bernie

Have you tried bookabach or one of the similar holiday homes websites? They usually come with kitchen equipment, are fully furnished etc and June being the middle of winter here (I know, you didn't need reminding....) you may be able to get a decent deal. Definitely less than $1200 a week! Just google bookabach or holiday homes/houses nz and you should be able to find the sites.

Thanks for the advice.

I've not had much joy on the holiday home search as they all tend to be nearer the sea than the town.

We're going to look at getting an unfurnished rental after a short stay in a motel. They'll be more room for the girls and I think it will make us all feel as though we're settling there rather than on our holidays.

I can't believe we're into the last few weeks!! I thought we were being quite organised but I keep finding things we'd not even considered

Thanks again
    Em

Have you considered the Wanganui Top Ten holiday park? They have motel units which might be basic but they'll be entirely functional, and I cannot imagine a more child friendly environment as they have large grounds and various activities. It should also be quiet heading into winter, and if I was the owner I would welcome a long term rental over this period, so would probably negotiate a good rate? The park is located a short drive from the centre next to the river in a quiet and seemingly safe suburb. Good luck.