Thread: New Zealand Teaching Council Certified Docs- Help!

Unhappy New Zealand Teaching Council Certified Docs- Help!

Am in desperate need of help, with such a tiny window of time!

Does anyone know if the New Zealand Teachers Council accept certified copies of documents from the Royal Mail? I only have 4 weeks to go until I gave to hand in my completed ITA and only need to get registered with NZTC to complete it.

I sent off my application 2 weeks ago and found out this morning that it got sent to Spain instead!! The RM have said they can't do anything and have told me to sit and wait to see what happens in the next few weeks, but obviously I can't and won't do that so am trying to put together a new application.

Have been so upset about this, I really thought we were going to get everything off in time, but now I doubt it very much, I won't be using RM again!

Please could anyone help?

Many thanks

Not quite sure I fully understand what you are asking- 'certified copies from the Royal Mail' , but surely only those 'designated' can certify copies as being a true copy of the original.

Don't know about recent time frames, but when I did mine it took a lot longer than 4 (or 6) weeks to be registered. May be worth checking with NZTC and NZIS to see if they can help you with the best course of action in your situation.

Hi,

Again, not sure about the 'certified copies from the royal mail' bit - I think you'll need to get your copies certified again by whoever did your last lot?

However, if you can, you might get it done in 4 weeks.

My OH signed the form here in the UK on 18/11/10, and NZTC sent out the letter confirming registration with her card attached dated 16/12/10 (we received it here on Christmas Eve), so including posting time, it is possible to get it done in that time-frame.

I might be stating the obvious here - but I take it you've already had qualifications assessed by NZQA and had the results back so that you can complete your NZTC registration? Unless there's some reason you don't need to..?

Cheers,

Our Teaching Council stuff took a while to sort. NZI are pretty chilled out about delays etc. My experience was that they were happy to extend the time to submit our ITA documents - I also had huge problems with other documents which i won't bore you with. E-mail your immigration officer and ask for more time to submit it all, they really are very helpful people