Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore 'Day Rate' hotels??

Default Singapore 'Day Rate' hotels??

Hi People.

Does Anyone know of a Hotel in Singapore, Close to the Airport, Can be booked just for a day? Maxine and the Kids land on 5th Aug at 07:25 and only fly out again to Auckland at 21:25 same day. Whats best? I would like to put them up in a nice(ish) hotel where they can all have a decent kip before the Auckland leg of their Journey.

Anyone know/done this before?

Thanks
    Ian & Maxine

Hello Ian and Maxine

You could book the Transit Hotel located inside the Transit Lounge of the Singapore Airport Terminal 2. You do not need to go through the custom.
    Here is the contact : http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/index.htm

In this way, your family do not need to leave the Airport Terminal at all, after a long and tiring flight.

Ivy

Yes, you could do day booking, on a 6-hourly basis.

Ivy

Hi all,
    Stayed at the transit hotel it about £30 for the room for 6 hours - clean, functional and quiet - I would recommend it.

We arrived like you at 730am and had 11 hours to kill - we got a room at about 10 am till 4 and it was well worth it.
    You can book it via the Singapore airlines website.
    Lindax

Ian, I would to recommend the Transit hotel, we've used it a number of times too with the children.

As you can see from Ivy's link above, there's one in each of the two terminals. The one in T1 has a swimming pool as well. Coming from the UK Maxine will arrive in T2, but can very easily get to T1 without having to go through customs etc.

There are a couple of other threads talking about the transit hotel, but briefly:- rooms are adequate (private bathroom with shower), they also provide baby cots, they don't have windows though (soundproof).

There's plenty to see and do in the terminals, including children's playarea and many food outlets, even a small 'supermarket'. If trying to book online and you find they're full, don't despair, this often simply means that their online allocation has gone. If Maxine proceeds to the check-in desk in T2 once they've landed she's still likely to get a room pretty soon (people arrive / leave all the time) at either location.

Wouldn't recommend her leaving the terminal for a city based hotel. The city is too far (about 25min by taxi) for short day stays, IMO that is. Staying in the terminal would also be less stressful for her, on her own with two young children. The terminal is one of the cleanest I've ever seen, and there's plenty to do.

If taking a buggy she would be handed that back on arrival, whilst being still being able to check all other luggage through straight from Manchester to Auckland

Get her to give us a call if she want's to talk through anything (PM me if you've not got our number anymore).

Bon Voyage
    Babette

That's fantastic, we are not seasoned travellers and have started to think about our journey now that we have a buyer. I wouldn't like to leave airports (do you have your luggage with you for this stopover or does it stay with the airline?) or anything so I think we'll try and do exactly the same thing.

What time flight from heathrow gets you in at 7.30, and is that gmt? or is it the 4pm flight getting in around 3 am gmt?

lots of questions, won't be the last I'm sure

Anyone stopping over at Heathrow the night before in case the flight to heathrow is delayed or cancelled?

:smile
    #
    Cheers
    Paul

Paul - think we replied at the same time, think I answered some of your questions above. PM me if you want to have a chat about further details.

Babette

Paul,
    Your main Hold luggage goes to your connecting flightwithout you doing anything.
    Its just the hand luggage to cart around BUT you can leave it in Lost luggage for a few quid and collect it before you get your next flight ( we did that while we wandered around the airport ).

Any other questions - happy to answer - as we hadn't travelled so far before and we had a 4 year old to consider too.

Linda x

Whoooohooo, getting excited, few weeks off leaing yet, but just called a travel agent to get me some rough prices.

Pretty difficult stuff trying to find which flight is the cheapest option.

I would like to know how close to leaving most people booked their tickets, really difficult to do with house sales and stuff?

Looking at singapore airlines due to the in flight entertainment for the kids (me and the other two!) and the stopover hotel (what's it called?).

I guess every time you alter your dates you need to adjust your prices for the new flights also.

At this stage we are looking at flying from

Manchester to Singapore, a stopover there so we can use the hotel for 6 hours,

then Sing to ChCh, a stopover there for a few days to a week,

then onto Welly.

We can be driven to Manchester (stress free no flight to miss, and no check in at teesside),

then there's just two 12 to 14 hrs flights, with a rest in between and a nice holiday in CHCH as a reward before we start the scary stuff of beginning our new life, with a little flight over to Welly.

mmmmm, like the sound of that so far.

Ooohh Paul, I can sense your excitement, worries and enthusiasm about the whole journey called emigration!! It's a heck of a drive, but this Saturday's North West meet would give you a chance to meet lots of likeminded people who may put your mind at ease about a number of 'issues'. Anyhow, feel free to send me a PM.

Babette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast