Thread: Flights are booked!!!!

Default Flights are booked!!!!

We have now booked our flights to Auckland and will arrive on 12th May 2011.

We have a fully furnished house booked in Devonport for the first two months.

Packers are being booked tomorrow along with the pet shippers.

Sooooooo why am I in tears today?? Is it just the realisation sinking in that we are all going to have to say our goodbyes in less than two months?? and leave the country I have grown up in for the past 37 years.

xxxx

Congratulations on all of that!

I'm sure it is just a really big dose of reality hitting you ((())). Emigrating is such a huge thing and takes so much effort. It's bound to feel very emotional - that doesn't mean it isn't the right decision, just that it is not easy.

Oooh, I feel for you - both exciting and frightening at the same time. We will be booking ours in a month or so - planning to leave the states at the end of June. It's perfectly normal to be feeling a sense of loss at saying goodbye to all that is familiar.
    Hugs,
    Amy.

Hello,

We're only a couple of weeks behind you and I totally understand how you feel.

We've been planning this move for what seems like ages and now it's actually happening, we go in 8 weeks, it feels very real, very scary and my emotions are all over the place.

I know everything will get done and we'll look back and know we made the right move

Good luck
    Em

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

When we moved to the States in 2008 I was in floods of tears after a) saying goodbye to our cats (even though my mum has them) and b) saying goodbye to our friends and family. At that time the move was temporary for 3 years and a 6 hour flight away - let alone the other side of the world permantently! Yet moving here, we were fine. I even managed to hold back the tears when I last saw my mum!

So it's completely natural. You're changing your life completely. You're moving away from everything you've ever known. No one can blame you for getting upset. It's just the next step on the emigration ladder. Just keep reminding yourself of your reasons for moving and the exciting things that lie ahead.

Hi,

Best of luck with the move - I am flying out two days after you!!
    How did you organise house rental in the end ?
    Are pets going with you - are you using Golden Arrow?
    Were you able to get extra baggage allowance with airline ?

Sorry for all the questions just thoughts going through my head - thanks

Good luck...the start of a new adventure and you sound very organised.
    We're flying in June...so excited, soooooo much to do!!!

I'm in the middle of packing and flying out April 3, and feeling very mixed right now. I'm sure I'll be fine once there, but this stage is full of endings, which always makes us feel a bit sad I guess. Looking forward to the new beginnings stage.

Quote Originally Posted by barneybetty View Post
    Hi,

Best of luck with the move - I am flying out two days after you!!
    How did you organise house rental in the end ?
    Are pets going with you - are you using Golden Arrow?
    Were you able to get extra baggage allowance with airline ?

Sorry for all the questions just thoughts going through my head - thanks
    We have found a house through holidayhomes.co.nz in Devonport for 8 weeks.

Our pets fly out on the 12th so will arrive two days after us. We are allowed them at the furnished house - just had to pay a bond. We are using Jets4Pets - flying with Air NZ.

We are flying with Emirates - 30kg of luggage allowed per person. There is 6 of us so total of 180kg.

Hope this helps.

xxxx

Thanks a million for all the information. The site on holiday homes for rent may solve my short term accomodation problem till container arrives- thanks again.
    Best of luck with the move - I booked flights today weird feeling that it is now final!!
    Hope we are making right choices- leaving alot behind here in Ireland - my biggest worry is that OH will get work in NZ so fingers crossed as he is leaving secure pensionable job here