Thread: I don't know what to do. Help Please.

Default I don't know what to do. Help Please.

I hope I am on the right thread to get all your advices. Here is my story.

My boyfriend is currently working in NZ as dairy farmer for almost 3 years. He is planning to apply for residence visa next year because he will still renew another contract for 2-3 years on June and a month after will go home for a month vacation. We've known each other for a year and 9 months of that as partners. Luckily, his employer wanted to hire me but they can't request for a working visa because the job is not on the shortlisted jobs in NZ.

Here is my dilemma I don't know if immigration will approve our partner's visa as an option instead because we haven't met each other which is one requirement. He was only introduced last year by a close family friend who is already a NZ resident.

What I can present are:
    1. Chat history from skype&ym which will show that we've been talking to each other for long hours everyday.
    2. Email.
    3. FB messages.
    3. Pictures of myself with his family.
    4. Bank statement showing money transfer from him(the account was open intentionally as our joint savings but bank here would require his personal appearance before I can convert it to joint).
    5. Pictures of cards,gifts from him(unfortunately I don't have receipts).
    6. Letter from his employer( I don't know if this is necessary supporting that I have a job waiting).
    7. Letter from NZ resident(our family friend) to evidence that we are partners.
    8. I can even present our customised picture displayed on his parent's house.
    9. Also letter from our parents confirming our relationship.

I don't know if it is really a 'must' that we should meet first before we can file and for me to be approved. Technically we've not been physically together but we are seeing and talking to each other everyday like husband&wife. I just want to be with him the soonest, it will be a bonus if I can go with him when goes back to NZ.

Now the best questions are:

1. What would be my chance if I will apply for Partner's visa?I'm scared to be declined and wait for long months to reapply.

2. What are my options for me to be approved to go there?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

To gain any kind of a partner visa, you have to establish proof of a live-in partnership, which is continuing. At the moment, even with all you have talked about above, you can't do that, BUT DON'T DESPAIR.

You need to look here, at the details of partner-sponsored temporary work visas. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm You will see that, if you have been together less than one year (and people have applied for this with only two or three weeks' proof), you can still be granted a visa so you can be in NZ and living together, then that visa can be renewed, until you HAVE been together a year, then you can apply for Residence.

So, if you want to start the process, either you need to travel to NZ, or he needs to travel to where you are, so you can collect proof of living together for those first few qualifying weeks. There are plenty of old threads where people talk about what they sent in as proof of partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    To gain any kind of a partner visa, you have to establish proof of a live-in partnership, which is continuing. At the moment, even with all you have talked about above, you can't do that, BUT DON'T DESPAIR.

You need to look here, at the details of partner-sponsored temporary work visas. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm You will see that, if you have been together less than one year (and people have applied for this with only two or three weeks' proof), you can still be granted a visa so you can be in NZ and living together, then that visa can be renewed, until you HAVE been together a year, then you can apply for Residence.

So, if you want to start the process, either you need to travel to NZ, or he needs to travel to where you are, so you can collect proof of living together for those first few qualifying weeks. There are plenty of old threads where people talk about what they sent in as proof of partnership.
    I appreciate it JandM, thanks alot. I think the best way is for me to wait till he arrives here and make most of the 3weeks to have a proof before applying. Sorry to give you a pain, can spare me few more questions?
    Is there any possibility that I can apply now and to follow other evidences?or I may instantly be declined if I push to submit now? Thanks again

JandM,

You gave me hope with that link. Hoping for the best. Thanks.

Is there any possibility that I can apply now and to follow other evidences?
    I can understand your impatience, but if you put in an application with what you have now, it will just be refused because it does not meet the requirements.

Are you in such a hurry because of what you said earlier, that you would like to go back to NZ with your man when he returns home? If that is the case, is there any reason why you can't use a visitor visa? Staying with him back in NZ would be still more partnership proof, as long as you take care to collect evidence. Three weeks where you are, then more time and continuing back in NZ, and your application could go in from NZ.

I can understand your impatience, but if you put in an application with what you have now, it will just be refused because it does not meet the requirements.

Are you in such a hurry because of what you said earlier, that you would like to go back to NZ with your man when he returns home? If that is the case, is there any reason why you can't use a visitor visa? Staying with him back in NZ would be still more partnership proof, as long as you take care to collect evidence. Three weeks where you are, then more time and continuing back in NZ, and your application could go in from NZ.
    JandM, thanks for your understanding, patience is indeed a virtue. I am willing to apply for any kind of visa, aside from being with him,I would like to take the job being offered there, this whole process excites me and makes me appreciate this forum more and more. Thanks so much. You are a great help.

Don't forget, you can't start to work until you have obtained the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. So if you go in on a visitor's visa at first, you will have to be patient until your application has gone through.

Smile

Don't forget, you can't start to work until you have obtained the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. So if you go in on a visitor's visa at first, you will have to be patient until your application has gone through.
    I will keep that in mind. Thanksss much much much I will update you on what application that I will be filing and hopefully you can still hang on with my possible questions. takecare.