Thread: opportunities for C++/C# development opportunities

Default opportunities for C++/C# development opportunities

I'm a software developer with exp in C/C++/C# development (mostly across network and application layers) and have worked primarily in the telecom industry.
    How are the opportunities for engineers/product development/coding in NZ? what are the career growth prospects like? overall how is the industry and the work culture in NZ?

Also, am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this - for some1 with the above background, which country is better from a career perspective - NZ or australia? Also, my wife is an electronics engineer. That's another thing to look at as well...
    Last edited by bom2nz; 25th March 2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: additional question

Quote Originally Posted by bom2nz View Post
    Also, my wife is an electronics engineer. That's another thing to look at as well...
    From my experience in the construction sector I know that there is generally a demand.

Electrical Engineer is on both lists - LTSSL and ISSL.

She might also check the web site of our professional engineering organisation IPENZ. There is also a link to a list of jobs http://www.ipenz.org.nz/ipenz/employment/