Thread: reassurance needed!

Default reassurance needed!

DH is worried we don't have time with only 12 weeks until planned departure! I'm pretty sure with all I've read on here 12 weeks is loads of time! Just one house to finish renovating and put on market...not really fussed if it sells or not before we go, his parents are going to help with that. Our house to be rented out. Since Recce Dec/Jan I just can't wait to get back and I want to be there in plenty of time to soak up all the Rugby world cup fever!!! So please assure him 12 weeks is plenty of time to sort out moving to the other side of the world!

Depends. We had about 3 weeks from pulling the trigger on the OH coming over and landing, and that included Xmas. Depends if you're still working or not.

There's a few threads on here of lists of things to do, probably start there.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We didn't plan the move properly until four weeks before leaving. And then we had to cope with an unexpected death in the family which meant DH went back to the UK for 10 days while I stayed in the US, working full-time and trying to start sorting stuff out. It was one of the most stressful periods of my life, but we did it.

I suggest you make a list/spreadsheet of everything that needs doing, set a deadline and work to that in priority order.

You can do it!

One thing my OH has used when he has had a lot to get done in what seems like a short space of time is to make a grid with the remaining days/dates and then against each day putting a specific task/job. That way it doesn't seem too overwhelming and at the end of each day you hopefully get a sense of achievement and a feeling that you can get it all done.

Always worth building in the odd day where it says "get takeaway, open a bottle of red, sit down, turn on the TV and relax".

Good luck,
    Anneliese

I really like the last bit Mrs B!
    I have a calendar with daily tasks and your right it's definitely helped me. I thin I need one for him to finish the other house! Thanks all for your support x