Thread: Another position of employment whilst PR is in process

Default Another position of employment whilst PR is in process

Hi,

I have been waiting just over 6 months for my PR (under SMC) to come through which it's any day now.

Under the SMC, I claimed points for current employment in NZ (still employed though). I have a job interview next week for a similiar position and supposing if I get this job, and then my PR comes through, would I have section 49 conditions attached to my PR and stay in that job for at least 3 months? Or it doesn't apply because I have worked in my current employment for more than 3 months anyway?

Thanks,
    Claire

I believe that you need to have worked for more than 3 months in whatever employment is giving you the current points you have on your EOI.
    What kind of visa are you currently under? We are also under SMC and have been waiting for 2 months so far, however, we are on WHV and they expire in 3 months, so we are trying to figure out if they will issue our Residencies before then or if we have to renew our WHV's... any thoughts?

Hi,
    Think the 3 moth continuous employment restriction is applicable to those who have gained the PR by showing the offer letter.
    If you have shown your current employment in your SMC EOI, then, you need to inform the INZ about the job change, However since you are going to be in the continuous employment I think there will not any problem(or change) with your PR application.

Hi,
    As long as the current work visa is valid, you can change the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bagathbtech View Post
    Hi,
    As long as the current work visa is valid, you can change the job.
    That answer is a bit simplistic, there may be additional requirements depending on the visa type, see Employer has changed for more details.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    That answer is a bit simplistic, there may be additional requirements depending on the visa type, see Employer has changed for more details.

Ian
    I was intent to mean that, as long as the current VISA is valid (i.e. if the visa allows the Job change)then it would be possible.

Ian has nailed the answer