Thread: ITA - Military Service

Default ITA - Military Service

Just noticed on the additional information form it asks for details of any Military Service.

My husband was in the TA for many years and then got called up for service in 2003 when Iraq happend.

He did six months and the following year was discharged (from TA). Do you think I should provide any evidence? Not sure if it's a problem or not.

He's not a reserve anymore, nor subject to any call up criteria.

EOI Submitted 09/02/11 125 Points no job offer

EOI Selected 23/02/11

ITA Received 15/03/11

This should not be a problem. The form is designed to be used world wide, so UK Armed Forces service is probably a positive feature.

It is probably worth explaining TA service and Regular service in Iraq to clarify to a Kiwi case officer civilian in INZ, and have evidence of service ready in case this is requested, although this was not needed for my daughter and son in law who had the same history of TA service and Iraq tours. They obtained PR without any problems.

I spent 20 years in the Royal Navy, my wife 6 years, no evidence was asked for.

kejktfc

Dh served 22yrs in the RAF, we completed the necessary sections on the paperwork, but no further information was requested.

Thanks everyone - another issue ticked off my ITA