Thread: Working Holiday visa - too old?

Default Working Holiday visa - too old?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the working holiday visa? How strict is the 30 and under age requirement on the visa? I am currently 31 and was hoping they might be a little flexible with the age

Any comments would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidream View Post
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the working holiday visa? How strict is the 30 and under age requirement on the visa? I am currently 31 and was hoping they might be a little flexible with the age

Any comments would be welcome.
    I believe that they are strict on the age, but why don't you try Bunac work New Zealand instead.

Ian

Hi, you have to be under 31 when applying, then (if you are granted with visas you have one year for coming to New Zealand. So in theory you can apply before your 31st birthday and come to NZ before 32nd. But if you are over 31 you would need to have a look on different types of visas as the rules are pretty strict AFAIK.

Double check the NZ news websites (google) as they are going to change age limit of Working holidays visas for Czech Republic (to 35yo + non limitation for work for one employer) so maybe some other countries would be in the same situation?

BTW that change will happen in June/July this year, the NZ immigration pages still shows the old 30yo old rules.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, as far as BUNAC goes, I am not eligible due to not being the right nationality