Thread: New here

Default New here

Hello everybody,
    I have discovered this invaluable forum about New Zealand immigration. Me and my wife have submitted EOI and waiting for selection this week. Although I have checked all information regarding Skilled Migrant category, after reading posts on this forum I have some ambiguities. Like what CO means? By the way what do you think about our chances, we have 135 points, and I as principal applicant have claimed 15 points for experience in area of absolute shortage. Looking at statistics of previous selections I can not understand weather "all those claiming 15 points in area of absolute skills" means that all EOIs in the pool claiming 15 points in area of absolute skills are selected or? How we know if we are selected? We get mail or? Also looking at diagram of process I noticed that there is note that number of approved residencies will be less than ITA issued. How they now that it will be less if all the guys who have been issued ITA provide necessary documents, do they have some additional criteria? Status of my EOI is submitted and payment received, is that confirmation that we are in the pool or there is something more I have to do? Sorry if questions are silly, just I would like to get chance to live at New Zealand . Thanks!!!!

Hi Joxa,

Yes you are in the pool. Draws take place fortnightly on Wednesday and your status on the online system will change if you are selected. At the time I applied, for someone without a job offer, it was taking about a month for the ITA to be issued in London. This is where they run some checks on you EOI, making sure that the experience you are claiming and the points claimed match up. NZIS may also ask for clarification at this point.

The reason that approved residencies are less than ITAs granted is that people do drop out at this stage. They may decide it is no longer what they wish to do, they may fail to get residency due to a problem with their health or police certificates, there may be a problem with their work experience or English language requirements, or the CO may feel that, in some way, they lack the ability to be able to settle. Normally on teh forum it has been health problems with the MA which have been the biggest hurdle for many.

CO= Case Officer, the person who looks after your case at NZIS
    MA= Medical Assessor, the person who deals with your medical assessment if there are significant findings.

Hello and welcome.

Hello Mamee & Co and JandM!! Thanks for answers!! Now I am sure that I am in the pool !!!! By the way, we are currently in Singapore, and there is immigration branch office in Singapore, I think all things will be done here.
    Thanks again!!!!!!