Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Entry in LTSSL

Default Double Entry in LTSSL

Hi all

The occupation/code for me based on my education and experience would be Electronics Engineer (233411). Interestingly, in the latest LTSSL this code appears twice. First time it appears in occupational group 'Engineering' and second time in occupation group 'ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications'. To claim bonus points for qualification, the first entry requires a Washington Accord accredited Bachelors degree in Engineering while the second entry does not require Washington accord accreditation (it does require 3 years of work experience which is not the problem for me).

I have a Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering from Pakistan (not Washington Accord accredited) and a Masters in Engineering from the US (again Washington Accord does not apply to Masters degree) with 8+ years of relevant experience. My question is can I claim the bonus points for work experience and possibly for qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage?
    If I claim my occupation to be Electronics Engineer (233411), can I get away with the requirements specified in second entry?

Secondly, would I need my Bachelors degree assessed by NZQA? My Masters (also in Electronic Engineering) is listed as exempt.
    Last edited by bmasood; 3rd April 2011 at 10:54 PM.

I had same problem..and I emailed to NZ ..What they reply is as under

Thank you for contacting us.

It is not vitally important that the job titles are exactly the same.

The most important thing is that you are doing the same duties as that occupation.

The best peice of advice I could give you is to check that occupation through the ANZSCO search function, below I have provided a link to this function.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/1220.0Search0First%20Edition,%20Revision%201?opend ocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=1220.0&issue=First% 20Edition,%20Revision%201&num=&view=

For Future queries please refer to our online help section of our website which again I have provided a link to.

http://dol.govt.nz/immigration/knowledgebase/contact

Interesting - I am not sure how that answers the question

hi,
    i think the answer didnt touch the point, in ANZSCO Job describtion will be the same for both since the same reference number is given, the issue that it appears in two field and each one has different conditions to be considered (Accreditation or Experience); i faced the same issue in Telecommunications Engineer; its under ICT, electronics and telecommunications (only relevant experience and degree required), also found it under Engineering (APEC or Washington Accord accreditation required.
    i have contacted them and still waiting the reply ...

Hi Mamoun1982... I was wondering if you have heard back from immigration on the ICT/Engineering thing? Did you proceed with the application? If so, would you like to share which route did you take and how did it go?

what i did is, i choosed the 'ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications' which needs a degree in electronics or telecommunications and three years of relevant experience. and it did work

Quote Originally Posted by mamoun1982 View Post
    what i did is, i choosed the 'ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications' which needs a degree in electronics or telecommunications and three years of relevant experience. and it did work
    Sorry mamoun, in LTSSL list (4th column) it is mentioned Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology. (not electronics or telecommunications)
    As u r electrical Engineer, can u make sure that ur degree is compared to information science or information technology when u will full assess (IQA) ur qualification through NZQA

For everyone landing here, the double entry has been removed in LTSSL review in July 2011. Electronics engineers now have to fall under the 'Engineering' category only and not in 'ICT, Electronics and Communications)

@ mamoun1982 … Have you got any reply?
    My Que:
    I have applied under SMC & I had done Bachelors degree in Electronics & Communication with major subjects in electronics & telecommunication.
    So I have taken Electronics Engineer (233411) as occupation code. This code was there two times in the list. So I had taken ICT, electronics and telecommunications & there was not required to have Washington accord accreditation engineering degree.
    Now I want to prove that I am eligible as per ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications, and I do not need to have Washington Accord accredited engineering degree.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

Hello and welcome.

On what date did you submit your EOI? If it was before the LTSSL was revised, your case has a right to be considered under the previous regulation with the definition you can meet - INZ usually operates 'grandfathering' in this way, automatically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast